Major disruption on Overground as engineering work begins
Thousands of passengers faced the first day of major disruption on the Overground this morning as extensive rail improvements swung into action. Lines across the network have been suspended causing passengers to seek different routes. Bus services are in
Thousands of passengers faced the first day of major disruption on the overground this morning as extensive rail improvements swung into action.
Lines across the network have been suspended causing passengers to seek different routes. Bus services are in operation to replace the trains.
The upgrade work is set to continue until November 16.
The main disruptions are the closures of major routes: Gospel Oak to Willesden Junction, Gospel Oak to Barking and Gospel Oak to Camden Road.
You may also want to watch:
Overground operator TfL say the upgrade is vital to establish an improved and more efficient service in the future.
For more information on the disruption and for a comprehensive guide to alternative routes, visit www.tfl.gov.uk
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub