Major cannabis factory uncovered in Temple Fortune
A CANNABIS factory have been uncovered by police in Temple Fortune. More than 300 plants were found by officers from the Garden Suburb Safer Neighbourhoods Team in a house on the Finchley Road. The discovery was made on September 30 with the help of an ED
A CANNABIS factory have been uncovered by police in Temple Fortune.
More than 300 plants were found by officers from the Garden Suburb Safer Neighbourhoods Team in a house on the Finchley Road.
The discovery was made on September 30 with the help of an EDF engineer.
The engineer alerted police after becoming suspicious that the house was using an unusually large amount of electricity.
You may also want to watch:
SNT sergeant Shannon Farthing said: "This is a fantastic example of a vigilant member of the public helping the police with important information. These plants would have produced a significant amount of illegal drugs and we are glad that this has now been prevented."
When officers arrived the smell of cannabis was obvious with plants spread through three separate rooms in the house.
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 3 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 4 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 5 Five things we learned in Arsenal's first win at Chelsea in 10 years
- 6 In numbers: the Covid-19 vaccine roll-out in north London
- 7 Primrose Hill's night-time closure has split north London residents
- 8 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 9 House Tour Gayton Road: Split-level mid-century gem in Hampstead
- 10 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
A man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of cultivating cannabis.
The next day, Golders Green Safer Neighbourhoods Team struck another blow in the battle against drugs when they discovered a house on Hallswelle Road containing about 400 plants.