Major cannabis factory uncovered in Temple Fortune
A CANNABIS factory have been uncovered by police in Temple Fortune. More than 300 plants were found by officers from the Garden Suburb Safer Neighbourhoods Team in a house on the Finchley Road. The discovery was made on September 30 with the help of an ED
A CANNABIS factory have been uncovered by police in Temple Fortune.
More than 300 plants were found by officers from the Garden Suburb Safer Neighbourhoods Team in a house on the Finchley Road.
The discovery was made on September 30 with the help of an EDF engineer.
The engineer alerted police after becoming suspicious that the house was using an unusually large amount of electricity.
You may also want to watch:
SNT sergeant Shannon Farthing said: "This is a fantastic example of a vigilant member of the public helping the police with important information. These plants would have produced a significant amount of illegal drugs and we are glad that this has now been prevented."
When officers arrived the smell of cannabis was obvious with plants spread through three separate rooms in the house.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 6 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 7 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
A man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of cultivating cannabis.
The next day, Golders Green Safer Neighbourhoods Team struck another blow in the battle against drugs when they discovered a house on Hallswelle Road containing about 400 plants.