Major cannabis factory uncovered in Temple Fortune
A CANNABIS factory have been uncovered by police in Temple Fortune. More than 300 plants were found by officers from the Garden Suburb Safer Neighbourhoods Team in a house on the Finchley Road. The discovery was made on September 30 with the help of an ED
A CANNABIS factory have been uncovered by police in Temple Fortune.
More than 300 plants were found by officers from the Garden Suburb Safer Neighbourhoods Team in a house on the Finchley Road.
The discovery was made on September 30 with the help of an EDF engineer.
The engineer alerted police after becoming suspicious that the house was using an unusually large amount of electricity.
You may also want to watch:
SNT sergeant Shannon Farthing said: "This is a fantastic example of a vigilant member of the public helping the police with important information. These plants would have produced a significant amount of illegal drugs and we are glad that this has now been prevented."
When officers arrived the smell of cannabis was obvious with plants spread through three separate rooms in the house.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 4 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 6 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 7 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
- 10 New sixth form site for Westminster school gets go-ahead
A man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of cultivating cannabis.
The next day, Golders Green Safer Neighbourhoods Team struck another blow in the battle against drugs when they discovered a house on Hallswelle Road containing about 400 plants.