Maidstone stabbing: Hornsey teen appears in court charged with Andre Bent’s murder
- Credit: Archant
A Hornsey 16 year old was has appeared in court accused of murdering a man in Kent.
Andre Bent, 21, from Lambeth, was stabbed to death following a disturbance on Maidstone High Street in the early hours of August 25.
The teenager cannot be named for legal reasons. He appeared at Maidstone Crown Court on Wednesday.
He is also charged with the attempted murder of three other men and possession of an offensive weapon.
The investigation into Mr Bent's death is being handled by Kent Police, who say officers have arrested eight people in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Four men - also from Hornsey - have been charged with violent disorder and another three are on bail.
The teenager was remanded in custody and will appear again at the same court on September 24.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 6 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 7 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 8 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre