Maida Vale driver finds novel way of avoiding traffic wardens
Car + bike stand = one very embarrassed driver
MIRROR, signal, manoeuvre… reverse on top of a bike stand.
It’s not the typical advice offered by driving instructors but one foolish driver did exactly that when they vaulted a Maida Vale bike rack last Tuesday
The car, which amazingly seemed to avoid any damage, defied normal car capabilities in leaping on top of the Sutherland Avenue bike stand.
Sutherland Avenue resident Grayson Darcy-Burton said: “London parking spaces are in short supply so people are obviously getting more desperate looking for a place to park their car.”
You may also want to watch:
A Westminster police spokeswoman confirmed the accident occurred when a car reversed into the cycle bay but no one was hurt.
The driver’s pride, however, must have been somewhat dented after being forced to clamber out of the car in rather undignified fashion...
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays