Maida Vale driver finds novel way of avoiding traffic wardens
Car + bike stand = one very embarrassed driver
MIRROR, signal, manoeuvre… reverse on top of a bike stand.
It’s not the typical advice offered by driving instructors but one foolish driver did exactly that when they vaulted a Maida Vale bike rack last Tuesday
The car, which amazingly seemed to avoid any damage, defied normal car capabilities in leaping on top of the Sutherland Avenue bike stand.
Sutherland Avenue resident Grayson Darcy-Burton said: “London parking spaces are in short supply so people are obviously getting more desperate looking for a place to park their car.”
You may also want to watch:
A Westminster police spokeswoman confirmed the accident occurred when a car reversed into the cycle bay but no one was hurt.
The driver’s pride, however, must have been somewhat dented after being forced to clamber out of the car in rather undignified fashion...
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing