Maida Vale driver finds novel way of avoiding traffic wardens
Car + bike stand = one very embarrassed driver
MIRROR, signal, manoeuvre… reverse on top of a bike stand.
It’s not the typical advice offered by driving instructors but one foolish driver did exactly that when they vaulted a Maida Vale bike rack last Tuesday
The car, which amazingly seemed to avoid any damage, defied normal car capabilities in leaping on top of the Sutherland Avenue bike stand.
Sutherland Avenue resident Grayson Darcy-Burton said: “London parking spaces are in short supply so people are obviously getting more desperate looking for a place to park their car.”
You may also want to watch:
A Westminster police spokeswoman confirmed the accident occurred when a car reversed into the cycle bay but no one was hurt.
The driver’s pride, however, must have been somewhat dented after being forced to clamber out of the car in rather undignified fashion...
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved