Maida Vale driver finds novel way of avoiding traffic wardens
Car + bike stand = one very embarrassed driver
MIRROR, signal, manoeuvre… reverse on top of a bike stand.
It’s not the typical advice offered by driving instructors but one foolish driver did exactly that when they vaulted a Maida Vale bike rack last Tuesday
The car, which amazingly seemed to avoid any damage, defied normal car capabilities in leaping on top of the Sutherland Avenue bike stand.
Sutherland Avenue resident Grayson Darcy-Burton said: “London parking spaces are in short supply so people are obviously getting more desperate looking for a place to park their car.”
You may also want to watch:
A Westminster police spokeswoman confirmed the accident occurred when a car reversed into the cycle bay but no one was hurt.
The driver’s pride, however, must have been somewhat dented after being forced to clamber out of the car in rather undignified fashion...
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 4 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'