Mackenzie Crook to open new farmers market in Muswell Hill
- Credit: Archant
Two sisters-in-law have called in a true Pirate to help launch a weekend market in Muswell Hill in support of a secondary school.
Mackenzie Crook, star of Pirates of the Caribbean and The Office will be at Fortismere School on March 19 to celebrate the opening of a new farmers market from Stalls4All.
The market, which will run every Sunday from 11am-3am, has been created by Amanda and Clare Leach who already run a successful Saturday market at St Michael’s School in Highgate, where Clare is a parent.
The ribbon will be cut by the Bafta award winning actor at 11am with entertainment throughout the day.
There will be plenty of stalls and traders selling fresh raw produce, artisan bakes, and hot and cold street food.
You may also want to watch:
Amanda said: “Schools are having these funding cuts and that’s how we started to get involved.
“Schools are having to raise funds. Fortismere just approached us after visiting the Highgate Village Market and asked if we could do the same thing for their school.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 6 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 7 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 8 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 9 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 10 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
“I used to be a trader so I had contact with traders. We both really wanted to support local businesses and schools at the same time. Stall holders pay a fee to come and a massive percentage of that goes back to the school.
“We’re really excited.”