Mackenzie Crook to open new farmers market in Muswell Hill
- Credit: Archant
Two sisters-in-law have called in a true Pirate to help launch a weekend market in Muswell Hill in support of a secondary school.
Mackenzie Crook, star of Pirates of the Caribbean and The Office will be at Fortismere School on March 19 to celebrate the opening of a new farmers market from Stalls4All.
The market, which will run every Sunday from 11am-3am, has been created by Amanda and Clare Leach who already run a successful Saturday market at St Michael’s School in Highgate, where Clare is a parent.
The ribbon will be cut by the Bafta award winning actor at 11am with entertainment throughout the day.
There will be plenty of stalls and traders selling fresh raw produce, artisan bakes, and hot and cold street food.
You may also want to watch:
Amanda said: “Schools are having these funding cuts and that’s how we started to get involved.
“Schools are having to raise funds. Fortismere just approached us after visiting the Highgate Village Market and asked if we could do the same thing for their school.
- 1 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 2 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 3 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 4 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 5 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 6 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 7 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 8 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 9 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 10 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
“I used to be a trader so I had contact with traders. We both really wanted to support local businesses and schools at the same time. Stall holders pay a fee to come and a massive percentage of that goes back to the school.
“We’re really excited.”