M&S deserves credit for plastic bags move
I D like to single out for praise Marks and Spencer for their innovation over plastic bags. They ve introduced a charge of 5p per bag, which is donated to charity. So often, with the best will in the world, we mean to take old bags out to the shops with
I'D like to single out for praise Marks and Spencer for their innovation over plastic bags. They've introduced a charge of 5p per bag, which is donated to charity.
So often, with the best will in the world, we mean to take old bags out to the shops with us but we forget. It's amazing how that 5p surcharge registers and changes behaviour.
As another supermarket chain reminds us: ''Every Little Helps!''. How true! Thank you to M & S for showing the way.
Let's hope lots of local shops will volunteer to follow their lead and not wait for compulsion.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Paul Braithwaite
(Lib Dem) Cantelowes ward, Camden Council
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute