M&S deserves credit for plastic bags move
I D like to single out for praise Marks and Spencer for their innovation over plastic bags. They ve introduced a charge of 5p per bag, which is donated to charity. So often, with the best will in the world, we mean to take old bags out to the shops with
I'D like to single out for praise Marks and Spencer for their innovation over plastic bags. They've introduced a charge of 5p per bag, which is donated to charity.
So often, with the best will in the world, we mean to take old bags out to the shops with us but we forget. It's amazing how that 5p surcharge registers and changes behaviour.
As another supermarket chain reminds us: ''Every Little Helps!''. How true! Thank you to M & S for showing the way.
Let's hope lots of local shops will volunteer to follow their lead and not wait for compulsion.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Paul Braithwaite
(Lib Dem) Cantelowes ward, Camden Council
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep