M&S deserves credit for plastic bags move
I D like to single out for praise Marks and Spencer for their innovation over plastic bags. They ve introduced a charge of 5p per bag, which is donated to charity. So often, with the best will in the world, we mean to take old bags out to the shops with
I'D like to single out for praise Marks and Spencer for their innovation over plastic bags. They've introduced a charge of 5p per bag, which is donated to charity.
So often, with the best will in the world, we mean to take old bags out to the shops with us but we forget. It's amazing how that 5p surcharge registers and changes behaviour.
As another supermarket chain reminds us: ''Every Little Helps!''. How true! Thank you to M & S for showing the way.
Let's hope lots of local shops will volunteer to follow their lead and not wait for compulsion.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Paul Braithwaite
(Lib Dem) Cantelowes ward, Camden Council
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub