Lynne Featherstone holds onto Hornsey and Wood Green seat
Lynne Featherstone has held onto her seat in Hornsey and Wood Green, it will be announced shortly. The incumbent MP was due to be declared the most voted shortly before 6.30am. Ms Featherstone became MP five years ago. * More to follow
Lynne Featherstone has held onto her seat in Hornsey and Wood Green, it has been announced.
The incumbent MP was declared the most voted shortly just after 6.30am.
Ms Featherstone became MP five years ago.
She won with 25,595 votes. Labour's Karen Jennings received 18,720 votes, The Conservative's Richard Merrin had 9,174 votes, and Pet McAskie for the Green Party won 1,261 votes. Independents Stephane De Roche received 201 votes and Rohan Kapur won 91.
You may also want to watch:
* More to follow
- 1 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 4 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 5 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 6 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 7 Reader letter: Rubbish bins in Camden need 'levelling up'
- 8 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 9 Bishopwood Bowling Club hopes to create new image for the sport
- 10 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat