Lynne Featherstone holds onto Hornsey and Wood Green seat
Lynne Featherstone has held onto her seat in Hornsey and Wood Green, it will be announced shortly. The incumbent MP was due to be declared the most voted shortly before 6.30am. Ms Featherstone became MP five years ago. * More to follow
Lynne Featherstone has held onto her seat in Hornsey and Wood Green, it has been announced.
The incumbent MP was declared the most voted shortly just after 6.30am.
Ms Featherstone became MP five years ago.
She won with 25,595 votes. Labour's Karen Jennings received 18,720 votes, The Conservative's Richard Merrin had 9,174 votes, and Pet McAskie for the Green Party won 1,261 votes. Independents Stephane De Roche received 201 votes and Rohan Kapur won 91.
* More to follow
- 1 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 2 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 3 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 6 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 7 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 8 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 9 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
- 10 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'