Lynne Featherstone cutting Labour lead in Hornsey and Wood Green, says new poll
Lynne Featherstone has been taking a battering in general election polls to date but a new survey commissioned by her party reveals a resurgence in the Liberal Democrat MP’s popularity.
Polling firm Survation surveyed voters in Hornsey and Wood Green recently and found Ms Featherstone was just one point behind Labour’s Catherine West who is currently winning the seat with 37 per cent of the vote, according to the poll.
The new findings follow a poll in September by Lord Michael Ashcroft which put Ms West 13 points ahead of Ms Featherstone with 43 per cent of votes in the constituency.
Survation claim only a third of Hornsey and Wood Green voters have heard of Ms West and Ms Featherstone’s team insist her rival’s popularity has “plummeted” in recent months.
Ms Featherstone said: “My team and I know we have a tough fight ahead. But the mood on the doorsteps is positive and we are confident of pulling through.”
You may also want to watch:
The fight goes on...
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate