Lynne Featherstone cutting Labour lead in Hornsey and Wood Green, says new poll
Lynne Featherstone has been taking a battering in general election polls to date but a new survey commissioned by her party reveals a resurgence in the Liberal Democrat MP’s popularity.
Polling firm Survation surveyed voters in Hornsey and Wood Green recently and found Ms Featherstone was just one point behind Labour’s Catherine West who is currently winning the seat with 37 per cent of the vote, according to the poll.
The new findings follow a poll in September by Lord Michael Ashcroft which put Ms West 13 points ahead of Ms Featherstone with 43 per cent of votes in the constituency.
Survation claim only a third of Hornsey and Wood Green voters have heard of Ms West and Ms Featherstone’s team insist her rival’s popularity has “plummeted” in recent months.
Ms Featherstone said: “My team and I know we have a tough fight ahead. But the mood on the doorsteps is positive and we are confident of pulling through.”
You may also want to watch:
The fight goes on...
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'