Lynne Featherstone cutting Labour lead in Hornsey and Wood Green, says new poll
Lynne Featherstone has been taking a battering in general election polls to date but a new survey commissioned by her party reveals a resurgence in the Liberal Democrat MP’s popularity.
Polling firm Survation surveyed voters in Hornsey and Wood Green recently and found Ms Featherstone was just one point behind Labour’s Catherine West who is currently winning the seat with 37 per cent of the vote, according to the poll.
The new findings follow a poll in September by Lord Michael Ashcroft which put Ms West 13 points ahead of Ms Featherstone with 43 per cent of votes in the constituency.
Survation claim only a third of Hornsey and Wood Green voters have heard of Ms West and Ms Featherstone’s team insist her rival’s popularity has “plummeted” in recent months.
Ms Featherstone said: “My team and I know we have a tough fight ahead. But the mood on the doorsteps is positive and we are confident of pulling through.”
You may also want to watch:
The fight goes on...
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 4 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 5 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 8 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 9 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 10 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'