Back to Lyndhurst House Prep School for Gangsta Granny and Dumbledore
- Credit: Lyndhurst House Prep School
Lyndhurst House Prep School pupils returned to the classroom with some World Book Day dressing up capping months of remote learning.
The students' return on March 8, for the first time since December, coincided with International Women's Day.
The day was marked in assembly and in classes, with the boys taught about the history around gender inequality and the ongoing struggles that women face.
Occasions like Anti-Bullying Week are used at the school to highlight issues.
Before half term, pupils and teachers were given a break from their computer screens for a day, and a spokesperson said: "Teachers arranged space-themed activities and projects for all of our boys to get involved in.
You may also want to watch:
"The tasks included making rockets, space sound effects, solar system models and astronaut suits. The boys also baked space-themed cookies and cakes. We awarded lots of prizes mainly for effort, creativity and ingenuity.
"One of our remote learning highlights before the return to school was World Book Day. All of our pupils, and some teachers, dressed up as their favourite fictional character. The characters that stood out included Pinocchio, Gangsta Granny and Dumbledore."
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate