Luxury Hampstead mansion on market for �43m
SO much for the financial crisis – a luxury mansion is reported to have been sold for a whopping �43million in one of the biggest property deals Hampstead has ever seen. The house at 22 Lyndhurst Road, in the heart of Hampstead, which was described as ma
SO much for the financial crisis - a luxury mansion is reported to have been sold for a whopping �43million in one of the biggest property deals Hampstead has ever seen.
The house at 22 Lyndhurst Road, in the heart of Hampstead, which was described as 'magnificent' by one estate agent, is now believed to be in the hands of a mystery Russian owner.
The Ham&High understands the former owner was property tycoon Anthony Lyons, who has stakes in London's Earl's Court and Olympia and was ranked 211 in last year's Sunday Times Rich List. The mansion was modernised and enlarged in recent years with a huge swimming pool and fitness complex added to it.
One Hampstead estate agent who asked not to be named said: "This must be the biggest deal ever done in Hampstead for a single house.
You may also want to watch:
"It is a magnificent house and it is a special deal in a difficult market that does not reflect the mood generally. It is a crazy price, but the house is architecturally unusual with some incredible features.
- 1 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 2 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 3 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 4 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 6 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 7 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 8 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
- 9 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 10 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business