Luxury Hampstead mansion on market for �43m
SO much for the financial crisis – a luxury mansion is reported to have been sold for a whopping �43million in one of the biggest property deals Hampstead has ever seen. The house at 22 Lyndhurst Road, in the heart of Hampstead, which was described as ma
SO much for the financial crisis - a luxury mansion is reported to have been sold for a whopping �43million in one of the biggest property deals Hampstead has ever seen.
The house at 22 Lyndhurst Road, in the heart of Hampstead, which was described as 'magnificent' by one estate agent, is now believed to be in the hands of a mystery Russian owner.
The Ham&High understands the former owner was property tycoon Anthony Lyons, who has stakes in London's Earl's Court and Olympia and was ranked 211 in last year's Sunday Times Rich List. The mansion was modernised and enlarged in recent years with a huge swimming pool and fitness complex added to it.
One Hampstead estate agent who asked not to be named said: "This must be the biggest deal ever done in Hampstead for a single house.
You may also want to watch:
"It is a magnificent house and it is a special deal in a difficult market that does not reflect the mood generally. It is a crazy price, but the house is architecturally unusual with some incredible features.
- 1 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 4 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 5 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 6 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 7 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 8 Anorexia was nurtured and nourished by lockdown – and the media
- 9 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 10 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme