Luxury Hampstead mansion on market for �43m
SO much for the financial crisis – a luxury mansion is reported to have been sold for a whopping �43million in one of the biggest property deals Hampstead has ever seen. The house at 22 Lyndhurst Road, in the heart of Hampstead, which was described as ma
SO much for the financial crisis - a luxury mansion is reported to have been sold for a whopping �43million in one of the biggest property deals Hampstead has ever seen.
The house at 22 Lyndhurst Road, in the heart of Hampstead, which was described as 'magnificent' by one estate agent, is now believed to be in the hands of a mystery Russian owner.
The Ham&High understands the former owner was property tycoon Anthony Lyons, who has stakes in London's Earl's Court and Olympia and was ranked 211 in last year's Sunday Times Rich List. The mansion was modernised and enlarged in recent years with a huge swimming pool and fitness complex added to it.
One Hampstead estate agent who asked not to be named said: "This must be the biggest deal ever done in Hampstead for a single house.
You may also want to watch:
"It is a magnificent house and it is a special deal in a difficult market that does not reflect the mood generally. It is a crazy price, but the house is architecturally unusual with some incredible features.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 6 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 7 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council