Luxury cars worth �130,000 stolen with letterbox hook
DRIVERS have been warned not to leave their car keys on display after four cars worth more than �130,000 were stolen. Burglars fed a hook through the letter box of houses in Muswell Hill and Highgate last week to steal the cars. Haringey Police have sinc
DRIVERS have been warned not to leave their car keys on display after four cars worth more than �130,000 were stolen.
Burglars fed a hook through the letter box of houses in Muswell Hill and Highgate last week to steal the cars.
Haringey Police have since urged residents to keep their house keys and car keys stored safely out of sight and well away from front doors.
The first burglary took place between 9.30pm on Saturday (March 28) and 9am on Sunday (March 29) at a house in Onslow Gardens, Muswell Hill.
The suspects used an implement to hook the keys for two cars from a shelf in the hallway, which was within metres of the front door.
They then drove off with the homeowners' black Volvo and a black BMW which were worth �100,000.
- 1 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 2 Graham Chapman's Highgate haunt gets a refurb
- 3 'Incredibly kind and caring': Tribute to wife who died with brain tumour
- 4 'Wet End Lane': Leak could take five days to fix
- 5 Arteta's Arsenal plan coming together nicely
- 6 'Let’s take the motor traffic out of Swiss Cottage'
- 7 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 10 West Hampstead man fatally stabbed in Ealing
On Thursday (April 2) between midnight and 6.50am, it is believed burglars used a similar method to hook the house keys for a property in Holmesdale Road, Highgate.
They entered the house while the occupants slept upstairs and stole bank cards, cash, a computer, an MP3 player, and two sets of car keys.
The thieves also stole the family's grey Toyota and a silver BMW estimated to be worth more than �30,000.
The black BMW was recovered last Wednesday (April 1) in Tottenham Hale. The silver BMW was recovered the following day on the Broadwater Farm Estate.
Haringey's burglary squad are investigating. Anyone with information should call 020-8345 0886, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
For more on crime prevention visit www.met.police.uk.