Lowestoft pan roasted cod, fondant potato, pea and broad bean broth
Lowestoft pan roasted cod, fondant potato, pea & broad bean broth
PotatoesPrepare potatoes by turning them into a barrel shape, place in to ovenproof dish brush with butter and half fill with white stock, season, cook until stock is fully absorbed.
BrothTo shell broad beans, blanch in boiling salt water, refresh after two to three minutes in cold water, take beans out of shells.Meanwhile add butter to pan and melt, add diced onion and cook for two to three minutes without colour (sweat), add white stock and cook for further four to five minutes or until sauce starts to thicken a little, add beans, peas and chopped parsley, little butter and season.CodPlace cod in seasoned flour, tap off any excess flour, in a pan add a little butter and oil, when hot place cod skin side down and cook for two to three minutes turn over and place in oven for a further three minutes.
Assemble in bowls, top with deep fried rocket.
You may also want to watch:
For the fondant potato4 x medium sized potatoes1 litre white stockMelted butterSalt & pepper
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
For the broth20g diced onion30g shelled broad beans30g peas250ml white stock5g butterSalt & pepper
Cod1 x 250g-300g pinned cod loinSeasoned flourButterOil