Lord Palmerston: Popular Tufnell Park pub WILL reopen in November despite scrawled sign in window, brewery confirms
- Credit: Archant
The owners of the Lord Palmerston have reassured customers the pub will open next month after refurbishment.
Young’s Brewery said it would begin refurbishing the pub, which has sat empty for three weeks, on October 16.
Customers raised concerns last week after a scribbled sign appeared in the pub window saying: “Pub now closed until further notice.”
A spokeswoman for the brewery said the pub in Dartmouth Park Hill, Tufnell Park, will reopen managed by Young’s pub company rather than by tenants as in the past.
She added: “Young’s take great pride in their rich and long-standing heritage, something that Lord Palmerston too packs in abundance.
You may also want to watch:
“From October 16, the pub will undergo a refurbishment, re-opening early November, and will serve fresh, seasonal, British food sourced from around the south east of England, alongside a range of premium drinks, from craft ales and beers to quality spirits.”
She added: “We look forward to welcoming locals once again, ensuring the Lord Palmerston is a pub for the whole community to enjoy.”
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 8 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing