Lord Palmerston: Popular Tufnell Park pub WILL reopen in November despite scrawled sign in window, brewery confirms
- Credit: Archant
The owners of the Lord Palmerston have reassured customers the pub will open next month after refurbishment.
Young’s Brewery said it would begin refurbishing the pub, which has sat empty for three weeks, on October 16.
Customers raised concerns last week after a scribbled sign appeared in the pub window saying: “Pub now closed until further notice.”
A spokeswoman for the brewery said the pub in Dartmouth Park Hill, Tufnell Park, will reopen managed by Young’s pub company rather than by tenants as in the past.
She added: “Young’s take great pride in their rich and long-standing heritage, something that Lord Palmerston too packs in abundance.
You may also want to watch:
“From October 16, the pub will undergo a refurbishment, re-opening early November, and will serve fresh, seasonal, British food sourced from around the south east of England, alongside a range of premium drinks, from craft ales and beers to quality spirits.”
She added: “We look forward to welcoming locals once again, ensuring the Lord Palmerston is a pub for the whole community to enjoy.”
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 7 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 8 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 9 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 10 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu