Lord Palmerston: Popular Tufnell Park pub WILL reopen in November despite scrawled sign in window, brewery confirms
- Credit: Archant
The owners of the Lord Palmerston have reassured customers the pub will open next month after refurbishment.
Young’s Brewery said it would begin refurbishing the pub, which has sat empty for three weeks, on October 16.
Customers raised concerns last week after a scribbled sign appeared in the pub window saying: “Pub now closed until further notice.”
A spokeswoman for the brewery said the pub in Dartmouth Park Hill, Tufnell Park, will reopen managed by Young’s pub company rather than by tenants as in the past.
She added: “Young’s take great pride in their rich and long-standing heritage, something that Lord Palmerston too packs in abundance.
You may also want to watch:
“From October 16, the pub will undergo a refurbishment, re-opening early November, and will serve fresh, seasonal, British food sourced from around the south east of England, alongside a range of premium drinks, from craft ales and beers to quality spirits.”
She added: “We look forward to welcoming locals once again, ensuring the Lord Palmerston is a pub for the whole community to enjoy.”
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 7 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 8 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 9 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband