Long queues for Christmas turkeys at Belsize Park butchers
DOZENS of last minute shoppers queued for up to an hour outside a butchers in Belsize Park this morning (December 24) to pick up the meat for tomorrow s Christmas feast. The England s Lane Butchers was easily the most popular shop in the street with at le
DOZENS of last minute shoppers queued for up to an hour outside a butchers in Belsize Park this morning (December 24) to pick up the meat for tomorrow's Christmas feast.
The England's Lane Butchers was easily the most popular shop in the street with at least 30 people lined up outside, bracing themselves against the cold while they waited to collect the choice cuts for tomorrow's dinner.
Dan Young, of Thurlow Road, had been waiting nearly half an hour and was still out in the cold, barely half way along the queue.
"I'm getting a ham," he said. "Someone else is taking care of the turkey this year. This has been my regular butchers since I moved here eight years ago. Even though there's not a lot of competition around apart from the supermarkets, they are a very fine butchers and it's worth the wait this morning."
You may also want to watch:
Alex Hannon, of South Hill Park, was at the back of the queue and had been there for 10 minutes.
"I'm here to buy my turkey and my ham, which I'm very glad I ordered beforehand," she said. "They're very good - I do this every year.
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 4 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 5 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 10 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close