Long, long wait for meeting on the Interchange
IN your story (Rail Bosses unveil plans for the Interchange, H&H February 21) you state TfL will work with Camden Council to provide updates to local groups and seek their views where appropriate. On behalf of the West Hampstead Local Consultation Grou
IN your story (Rail Bosses unveil plans for the Interchange, H&H February 21) you state ''TfL will work with Camden Council to provide updates to local groups and seek their views where appropriate."
On behalf of the West Hampstead Local Consultation Group (LCG), who held the meeting with representatives from First Capital Connect, I would like to set the record straight.
We arranged the meeting because of our concern that the local community was not being kept informed and we wanted to give them a chance to express their views at the outset not when considered 'appropriate'.
We have been asking Camden and TfL for a public meeting since October 2007, when we knew that they were working towards a planning application later this year. Camden and TfL declined the offer, preferring to "identify a process for communicating the proposals to all of the local groups at an appropriate time". When will this be? Is Camden's process for consulting just to tick boxes?
You may also want to watch:
Thanks to First Capital Connect and the attendance of over 180 people at an amicable and informative meeting, we are now compiling a list of the local people's comments and we will be passing them on to all the necessary stakeholders.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 9 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 10 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury