Long, long wait for meeting on the Interchange
IN your story (Rail Bosses unveil plans for the Interchange, H&H February 21) you state TfL will work with Camden Council to provide updates to local groups and seek their views where appropriate. On behalf of the West Hampstead Local Consultation Grou
IN your story (Rail Bosses unveil plans for the Interchange, H&H February 21) you state ''TfL will work with Camden Council to provide updates to local groups and seek their views where appropriate."
On behalf of the West Hampstead Local Consultation Group (LCG), who held the meeting with representatives from First Capital Connect, I would like to set the record straight.
We arranged the meeting because of our concern that the local community was not being kept informed and we wanted to give them a chance to express their views at the outset not when considered 'appropriate'.
We have been asking Camden and TfL for a public meeting since October 2007, when we knew that they were working towards a planning application later this year. Camden and TfL declined the offer, preferring to "identify a process for communicating the proposals to all of the local groups at an appropriate time". When will this be? Is Camden's process for consulting just to tick boxes?
You may also want to watch:
Thanks to First Capital Connect and the attendance of over 180 people at an amicable and informative meeting, we are now compiling a list of the local people's comments and we will be passing them on to all the necessary stakeholders.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 4 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat