Penguins post Christmas lists to Santa at London Zoo
- Credit: ZSL London Zoo
Penguins at London Zoo have posted their Christmas list to Santa, hoping for some fishy treats over the festive season.
Zookeepers helped the penguins at the Regent's Park zoo send their Christmas wishes to Santa today - November 25 - ahead of the zoo’s seasonal festivities launch this Saturday (November 27).
ZSL London Zoo penguin keeper Jessica Jones said: “We’re pretty sure Santa now knows to get something fishy for the penguins this year, but from this Saturday, we’re inviting visitors to become elves-in-training and help make sure Santa brings the perfect pressies for all the other animals - by taking a festive fact-finding trail across the zoo.”
After visiting the zoo’s 20,000 animals, visitors can meet Mrs Claus in the Polar Postroom, where children will be able to post their own letters to Santa.
“Santa checks his post every day, so visitors may even spot him popping up from time to time on his own Christmas day out at London Zoo,” Jessica added.
Visitors can explore the Magic of Christmas at London Zoo from November 27 until January 3.
For further information, visit zsl.org/zsl-london-zoo/whats-on/the-magic-of-christmas
- 1 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 2 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 3 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 4 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 'Someone is responsible for council spending £23m on office block'
- 7 Alexandra Palace chief executive to leave in 2022
- 8 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 9 Proposed bus changes could see Hampstead bus route 168 merged
- 10 Highgate Hill housing plans spark fears over new pub's future