London Ambulance Service honours ‘exceptional’ Hampstead paramedic
- Credit: Archant
A Hampstead-based paramedic who every year on Christmas Day cooks a breakfast feast for her team has been recognised by the London Ambulance Service (LAS).
Team leader Achanda Neale, who has worked at LAS for 13 years, was handed an award last month for outstanding achievement and contribution.
She was honoured for her calm, positive and professional manner, and for her support of her colleagues.
Ms Neale, who is based at Camden Ambulance Station in Cressey Road, said: “I feel overwhelmed to be honest. It’s a really nice feeling and I actually felt like I had won just by be being nominated.
“I’m honoured that my colleagues feel that the work that I do every day deserves an award and am proud to have won.”
You may also want to watch:
During her career, Ms Neale, of Borehamwood, has worked for the LAS peer support network LINC, been a regular representative at clinical meetings and has been a mentor to her team members.
Paramedic Scott Lummes, who nominated Ms Neale, said: “She has gone above and beyond the call of duty and has made an exceptional effort to support me through times when I have attended jobs that I have found particularly difficult.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 4 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
“She gave me fantastic support and feedback. If I hadn’t had reassurance and support from Achanda, I don’t think I would perform anywhere near as well as I do.
“She is definitely the sort of person I would like to be more like myself.”