London Ambulance Service honours ‘exceptional’ Hampstead paramedic
- Credit: Archant
A Hampstead-based paramedic who every year on Christmas Day cooks a breakfast feast for her team has been recognised by the London Ambulance Service (LAS).
Team leader Achanda Neale, who has worked at LAS for 13 years, was handed an award last month for outstanding achievement and contribution.
She was honoured for her calm, positive and professional manner, and for her support of her colleagues.
Ms Neale, who is based at Camden Ambulance Station in Cressey Road, said: “I feel overwhelmed to be honest. It’s a really nice feeling and I actually felt like I had won just by be being nominated.
“I’m honoured that my colleagues feel that the work that I do every day deserves an award and am proud to have won.”
During her career, Ms Neale, of Borehamwood, has worked for the LAS peer support network LINC, been a regular representative at clinical meetings and has been a mentor to her team members.
Paramedic Scott Lummes, who nominated Ms Neale, said: “She has gone above and beyond the call of duty and has made an exceptional effort to support me through times when I have attended jobs that I have found particularly difficult.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 4 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 5 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 6 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 7 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 8 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
“She gave me fantastic support and feedback. If I hadn’t had reassurance and support from Achanda, I don’t think I would perform anywhere near as well as I do.
“She is definitely the sort of person I would like to be more like myself.”