London Ambulance Service honours ‘exceptional’ Hampstead paramedic
- Credit: Archant
A Hampstead-based paramedic who every year on Christmas Day cooks a breakfast feast for her team has been recognised by the London Ambulance Service (LAS).
Team leader Achanda Neale, who has worked at LAS for 13 years, was handed an award last month for outstanding achievement and contribution.
She was honoured for her calm, positive and professional manner, and for her support of her colleagues.
Ms Neale, who is based at Camden Ambulance Station in Cressey Road, said: “I feel overwhelmed to be honest. It’s a really nice feeling and I actually felt like I had won just by be being nominated.
“I’m honoured that my colleagues feel that the work that I do every day deserves an award and am proud to have won.”
You may also want to watch:
During her career, Ms Neale, of Borehamwood, has worked for the LAS peer support network LINC, been a regular representative at clinical meetings and has been a mentor to her team members.
Paramedic Scott Lummes, who nominated Ms Neale, said: “She has gone above and beyond the call of duty and has made an exceptional effort to support me through times when I have attended jobs that I have found particularly difficult.
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 4 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 5 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 9 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 10 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
“She gave me fantastic support and feedback. If I hadn’t had reassurance and support from Achanda, I don’t think I would perform anywhere near as well as I do.
“She is definitely the sort of person I would like to be more like myself.”