London Ambulance Service honours ‘exceptional’ Hampstead paramedic
- Credit: Archant
A Hampstead-based paramedic who every year on Christmas Day cooks a breakfast feast for her team has been recognised by the London Ambulance Service (LAS).
Team leader Achanda Neale, who has worked at LAS for 13 years, was handed an award last month for outstanding achievement and contribution.
She was honoured for her calm, positive and professional manner, and for her support of her colleagues.
Ms Neale, who is based at Camden Ambulance Station in Cressey Road, said: “I feel overwhelmed to be honest. It’s a really nice feeling and I actually felt like I had won just by be being nominated.
“I’m honoured that my colleagues feel that the work that I do every day deserves an award and am proud to have won.”
During her career, Ms Neale, of Borehamwood, has worked for the LAS peer support network LINC, been a regular representative at clinical meetings and has been a mentor to her team members.
Paramedic Scott Lummes, who nominated Ms Neale, said: “She has gone above and beyond the call of duty and has made an exceptional effort to support me through times when I have attended jobs that I have found particularly difficult.
- 1 Arsenal begin pre-season in strong position
- 2 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 3 Academy to crack down on 'boisterous' behaviour after inspection
- 4 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 5 Camden Council settles £130m Chalcots lawsuit for £19m
- 6 New Wendy's opens its doors in Camden
- 7 'Buying maternity clothes seemed so wasteful': Former fashion editor's mission
- 8 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 9 Six Hampstead Town by-election candidates seeking votes on July 7
- 10 Houses and flats planned for Hornsey Police Station site
“She gave me fantastic support and feedback. If I hadn’t had reassurance and support from Achanda, I don’t think I would perform anywhere near as well as I do.
“She is definitely the sort of person I would like to be more like myself.”