Westminster spends �4million on 12 temporary staff
Council pays daily rate of more than �500 to a dozen temps with one role costing a total of �852,600
WESTMINSTER council has shelled out almost �4million on just 12 temporary staff members.
The highest paid staff member, a temporary head of regeneration and partnerships, costs the council �745 per day while the cost of hiring a senior project manager on a temporary basis for 1,421 days has cost a total of �852,600.
All 12 staff members charge a daily rate of more than �500 with many of the roles having been employed on a temporary basis for a number of years.
The costs are just part of the �10.5million Westminster spends on all its temporary staff each year.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Paul Dimoldenberg, Westminster Labour group leader, said: “How can the Conservatives justify paying these crazy prices for temporary staff, some of whom have been with the council for years, when long-serving staff are being made redundant at huge public expense?
“None of the jobs that these temporary staff are filling can be called ‘unique’ and they should not require expensive temporary agency staff.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 6 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
“Why is the council not recruiting staff in the normal way and paying the going rate for the job?”
Top three temporary staff costs:
Temporary head of regeneration and partnerships (608 days at �745 per day) = �453.446
Programme manager (364 days at �630 per day) = �229,320
Senior project manager (1,421 days at �600 per day) = �852,600
For more on this story see next week’s Wood&Vale.