Ukip rival slams ‘toff’ Sir Keir Starmer for ‘disgusting’ use of Doreen Lawrence on Labour leaflet
- Credit: Archant
Ukip’s Maxine Spencer did not appreciate receiving a leaflet from her Labour rival Sir Keir Starmer over the weekend.
Ms Spencer, who is standing in Holborn and St Pancras, described “toff Sir Starmer” as “absolutely disgusting” on her Facebook page for featuring Labour peer Baroness Doreen Lawrence on his literature in what she suggested was a move “to get the ethnic vote”.
“Just got a leaflet through my door from the local Labour candidate Sir Keir Starmer,” she wrote. “He moved with his wife Lady Starmer to replace the long standing Labour MP Frank Dobson in what is said to be a safe Labour seat, he reckons he is guaranteed a lifetime ride on the gravy train.
“He is such a crawler he is using Doreen Lawrence on his flyer. She is a woman that has never lived in Camden. Lets [sic] face it what would a Jamaican working class woman living in a rough part of London have in common with the toff Sir Starmer!
“Only one think [sic] I can think of - helping to get the ethnic vote. Absolutely disgusting that he is willing to stoop so low!”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, residents in Westminster North were surprised to find leafletters from Kazakhstan posting Ukip mail through doors.
“They thought the leaflets were rubbish, but they were being paid cash in hand to deliver them,” said one neighbour.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
- 7 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue