Ukip rival slams ‘toff’ Sir Keir Starmer for ‘disgusting’ use of Doreen Lawrence on Labour leaflet
- Credit: Archant
Ukip’s Maxine Spencer did not appreciate receiving a leaflet from her Labour rival Sir Keir Starmer over the weekend.
Ms Spencer, who is standing in Holborn and St Pancras, described “toff Sir Starmer” as “absolutely disgusting” on her Facebook page for featuring Labour peer Baroness Doreen Lawrence on his literature in what she suggested was a move “to get the ethnic vote”.
“Just got a leaflet through my door from the local Labour candidate Sir Keir Starmer,” she wrote. “He moved with his wife Lady Starmer to replace the long standing Labour MP Frank Dobson in what is said to be a safe Labour seat, he reckons he is guaranteed a lifetime ride on the gravy train.
“He is such a crawler he is using Doreen Lawrence on his flyer. She is a woman that has never lived in Camden. Lets [sic] face it what would a Jamaican working class woman living in a rough part of London have in common with the toff Sir Starmer!
“Only one think [sic] I can think of - helping to get the ethnic vote. Absolutely disgusting that he is willing to stoop so low!”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, residents in Westminster North were surprised to find leafletters from Kazakhstan posting Ukip mail through doors.
“They thought the leaflets were rubbish, but they were being paid cash in hand to deliver them,” said one neighbour.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 4 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 5 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 6 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 7 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 8 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 9 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 10 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return