Tributes paid to former Camden councillor John White
- Credit: Archant
Camden councillors paid tribute to their former colleague John White, who died earlier in March.
Labour’s Cllr Julian Fulbrook and the Lib Dem leader Cllr Flick Rea both gave tributes to the former councillor, who served for 12 years..
Cllr Fulbrook said he had a great interest in education and music. He was also one of the people behind the Camden schools Royal Albert Hall concert, which is now in its 20th year.
He stood down from Camden in 2002, but went on to be a councillor in Barking and Dagenham for 14 years.
He died on Friday March 16.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Rea said he was somebody who formed relationships across the political divide.
“He was one of those people who managed to make some cross party friendships. He had a huge passion for education, and we had a lot in common over Europe, and culture. He was a good, dedicated councillor and I missed him, as I am sure his family will miss him too.”
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 3 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 4 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 7 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 10 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim