Tributes paid to former Camden councillor John White
- Credit: Archant
Camden councillors paid tribute to their former colleague John White, who died earlier in March.
Labour’s Cllr Julian Fulbrook and the Lib Dem leader Cllr Flick Rea both gave tributes to the former councillor, who served for 12 years..
Cllr Fulbrook said he had a great interest in education and music. He was also one of the people behind the Camden schools Royal Albert Hall concert, which is now in its 20th year.
He stood down from Camden in 2002, but went on to be a councillor in Barking and Dagenham for 14 years.
He died on Friday March 16.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Rea said he was somebody who formed relationships across the political divide.
“He was one of those people who managed to make some cross party friendships. He had a huge passion for education, and we had a lot in common over Europe, and culture. He was a good, dedicated councillor and I missed him, as I am sure his family will miss him too.”
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 3 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 4 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 5 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 6 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 9 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 10 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community