Tributes paid to former Camden councillor John White
- Credit: Archant
Camden councillors paid tribute to their former colleague John White, who died earlier in March.
Labour’s Cllr Julian Fulbrook and the Lib Dem leader Cllr Flick Rea both gave tributes to the former councillor, who served for 12 years..
Cllr Fulbrook said he had a great interest in education and music. He was also one of the people behind the Camden schools Royal Albert Hall concert, which is now in its 20th year.
He stood down from Camden in 2002, but went on to be a councillor in Barking and Dagenham for 14 years.
He died on Friday March 16.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Rea said he was somebody who formed relationships across the political divide.
“He was one of those people who managed to make some cross party friendships. He had a huge passion for education, and we had a lot in common over Europe, and culture. He was a good, dedicated councillor and I missed him, as I am sure his family will miss him too.”
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
- 10 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'