Tributes paid to former Camden councillor John White
- Credit: Archant
Camden councillors paid tribute to their former colleague John White, who died earlier in March.
Labour’s Cllr Julian Fulbrook and the Lib Dem leader Cllr Flick Rea both gave tributes to the former councillor, who served for 12 years..
Cllr Fulbrook said he had a great interest in education and music. He was also one of the people behind the Camden schools Royal Albert Hall concert, which is now in its 20th year.
He stood down from Camden in 2002, but went on to be a councillor in Barking and Dagenham for 14 years.
He died on Friday March 16.
Cllr Rea said he was somebody who formed relationships across the political divide.
“He was one of those people who managed to make some cross party friendships. He had a huge passion for education, and we had a lot in common over Europe, and culture. He was a good, dedicated councillor and I missed him, as I am sure his family will miss him too.”
- 1 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 2 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 3 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 4 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 5 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 6 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 7 Deliveroo puts in retrospective application for permanent 'dark kitchen'
- 8 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
- 9 Villa Bianca brings the Christmas cheer to Hampstead
- 10 Reluctant 'caretaker' retires from Highgate primary school after 21 years