THE LAST WORD: Ken Livingstone, Labour
Running London is not a joke. Whoever Camden residents elect on May 1 will take decisions affecting the lives of 7.5million people. My policies have helped make London successful – we now rival New York – and united. Our community relations are among the
Running London is not a joke. Whoever Camden residents elect on May 1 will take decisions affecting the lives of 7.5million people.
My policies have helped make London successful - we now rival New York - and united. Our community relations are among the best in the world and racist attacks have halved in eight years.
There are some key questions
readers of the Ham&High should ask. Who will keep London's economy moving ahead and ensure every Londoner shares in that success? I will. Having Boris Johnson as Mayor would undermine the confidence of businesses that want to invest and provide jobs.
You may also want to watch:
Will there be help for people who dream of a home? With me there will. Half of all new housing in Camden and across London will be affordable. Under Boris Johnson it won't. He'll scrap that policy.
In the fight against crime will residents have a Mayor who will put 1,000 more police on the streets? With me they will - keeping crime falling by six per cent a year, as it has for the past five years. Under Boris Johnson they won't.
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
As a Tory MP he actually voted against the automatic five year prison sentence for carrying a gun.