THE LAST WORD: Brian Paddick, Liberal Democrat
Londoners face a real dilemma on May 1. Ken has proved he is not fit to be our Mayor any longer; Boris has never done anything to prove that he is fit to be Mayor. I spent 30 years on the beat walking the streets of London. I managed budgets of tens of mi
Londoners face a real dilemma on May 1. Ken has proved he is not fit to be our Mayor any longer; Boris has never done anything to prove that he is fit to be Mayor.
I spent 30 years on the beat walking the streets of London. I managed budgets of tens of millions of pounds, leading teams of more than 20,000 police officers.
The decisions I took made a real difference to people's lives.
I'm not a career politician like Ken and Boris. I've spent my life delivering public services for Londoners. I believe we need a real change on May 1.
You may also want to watch:
London needs a Mayor with serious solutions for the practical problems Londoners face, a mayor who understands the problems Londoners face in transport, housing and crime.
Fellow Londoners like me don't trust either Ken or Boris: what should we do on Thursday?
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
You get two votes. A first preference vote for me says: "I agree Brian Paddick is the best candidate."
It says: "I want a serious alternative to Ken and Boris."
Vote Liberal Democrats on May 1.