THE LAST WORD: Brian Paddick, Liberal Democrat
Londoners face a real dilemma on May 1. Ken has proved he is not fit to be our Mayor any longer; Boris has never done anything to prove that he is fit to be Mayor. I spent 30 years on the beat walking the streets of London. I managed budgets of tens of mi
Londoners face a real dilemma on May 1. Ken has proved he is not fit to be our Mayor any longer; Boris has never done anything to prove that he is fit to be Mayor.
I spent 30 years on the beat walking the streets of London. I managed budgets of tens of millions of pounds, leading teams of more than 20,000 police officers.
The decisions I took made a real difference to people's lives.
I'm not a career politician like Ken and Boris. I've spent my life delivering public services for Londoners. I believe we need a real change on May 1.
You may also want to watch:
London needs a Mayor with serious solutions for the practical problems Londoners face, a mayor who understands the problems Londoners face in transport, housing and crime.
Fellow Londoners like me don't trust either Ken or Boris: what should we do on Thursday?
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 10 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
You get two votes. A first preference vote for me says: "I agree Brian Paddick is the best candidate."
It says: "I want a serious alternative to Ken and Boris."
Vote Liberal Democrats on May 1.