THE LAST WORD: Brian Paddick, Liberal Democrat
Londoners face a real dilemma on May 1. Ken has proved he is not fit to be our Mayor any longer; Boris has never done anything to prove that he is fit to be Mayor. I spent 30 years on the beat walking the streets of London. I managed budgets of tens of mi
Londoners face a real dilemma on May 1. Ken has proved he is not fit to be our Mayor any longer; Boris has never done anything to prove that he is fit to be Mayor.
I spent 30 years on the beat walking the streets of London. I managed budgets of tens of millions of pounds, leading teams of more than 20,000 police officers.
The decisions I took made a real difference to people's lives.
I'm not a career politician like Ken and Boris. I've spent my life delivering public services for Londoners. I believe we need a real change on May 1.
You may also want to watch:
London needs a Mayor with serious solutions for the practical problems Londoners face, a mayor who understands the problems Londoners face in transport, housing and crime.
Fellow Londoners like me don't trust either Ken or Boris: what should we do on Thursday?
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
You get two votes. A first preference vote for me says: "I agree Brian Paddick is the best candidate."
It says: "I want a serious alternative to Ken and Boris."
Vote Liberal Democrats on May 1.