THE LAST WORD: Brian Paddick, Liberal Democrat
Londoners face a real dilemma on May 1. Ken has proved he is not fit to be our Mayor any longer; Boris has never done anything to prove that he is fit to be Mayor. I spent 30 years on the beat walking the streets of London. I managed budgets of tens of mi
Londoners face a real dilemma on May 1. Ken has proved he is not fit to be our Mayor any longer; Boris has never done anything to prove that he is fit to be Mayor.
I spent 30 years on the beat walking the streets of London. I managed budgets of tens of millions of pounds, leading teams of more than 20,000 police officers.
The decisions I took made a real difference to people's lives.
I'm not a career politician like Ken and Boris. I've spent my life delivering public services for Londoners. I believe we need a real change on May 1.
London needs a Mayor with serious solutions for the practical problems Londoners face, a mayor who understands the problems Londoners face in transport, housing and crime.
Fellow Londoners like me don't trust either Ken or Boris: what should we do on Thursday?
- 1 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 2 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 4 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 5 Two more charged in connection with Olsi Kuka killing in Barnet
- 6 Royal beacon in Golders Hill shines light for Queen
- 7 Gold and silver for a Platinum Jubilee party
- 8 Belsize Park phone box transformed into art gallery by prep school pupils
- 9 Man jailed for membership of banned neo-Nazi group National Action
- 10 Home of the week: Hampstead flat with garden for £1.25m
You get two votes. A first preference vote for me says: "I agree Brian Paddick is the best candidate."
It says: "I want a serious alternative to Ken and Boris."
Vote Liberal Democrats on May 1.