THE LAST WORD: Boris Johnson, Conservative
With Ham&High readers going to the polls today, I am taking this final opportunity to tell you why I believe you should vote for me. During the campaign I have been out every day pounding the pavements, listening to Londoners. Today you should forget all
With Ham&High readers going to the polls today, I am taking this final opportunity to tell you why I believe you should vote for me.
During the campaign I have been out every day pounding the pavements, listening to Londoners. Today you should forget all the over-analysis from Westminster's media pundits and concentrate on the simple choice that is before you.
That choice is between four more years of arrogance, waste and cronyism from Ken Livingstone, or a new era of fresh thinking from a Conservative administration at City Hall.
If I am elected, I will chair the Metropolitan Police Authority to start driving down crime in the capital and will work to cut red tape and get more police officers on our streets, buses and station platforms.
You may also want to watch:
I will reform the Congestion Charge and make it fairer and flexible. I will protect our precious green spaces and provide more funding for parks.
But I can only make these changes with your support. Today you have the opportunity to have your say on how London is run, and you won't have another chance to do so for four years. So please, if you want a change for the better in London, come out and back me and the Conservatives.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home