SPEAKER'S CORNER: Warren Mitchell
VETERAN Highgate actor Warren Mitchell is a self-confessed old-fashioned Labour supporter. He would rather a hung parliament at the next election rather than a Tory win, which he predicts would be another bout of Thatcherism. He said: I vote Labour even
VETERAN Highgate actor Warren Mitchell is a self-confessed old-fashioned Labour supporter. He would rather a hung parliament at the next election rather than a Tory win, which he predicts would be another bout of Thatcherism.
He said: "I vote Labour even though there are not any old-fashioned Labour candidates around.
"People are talking about the same old things this election, but I have no idea who will win.
"I hope it is not the Tories, but people do vote for change sometimes because they are so bored with one lot and for no political reasoning they change their sides - that could happen this time.
You may also want to watch:
"Then we would have another bout of Thatcherism. It is fairly realistic this idea of a hung parliament and it is something I would like to see over the Tories.
"A hung parliament would not necessarily be a bad thing. I don't think much about the Lib Dems because I have not studied their policy so it would not be fair to judge them.
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 4 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 6 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 7 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 8 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
"I just follow my instincts which came about after the war when Atlee presented this wonderful thing that it was all going to be great and we were going to have an equable society which has not really happened.