SPEAKER'S CORNER: Warren Mitchell
VETERAN Highgate actor Warren Mitchell is a self-confessed old-fashioned Labour supporter. He would rather a hung parliament at the next election rather than a Tory win, which he predicts would be another bout of Thatcherism. He said: I vote Labour even
VETERAN Highgate actor Warren Mitchell is a self-confessed old-fashioned Labour supporter. He would rather a hung parliament at the next election rather than a Tory win, which he predicts would be another bout of Thatcherism.
He said: "I vote Labour even though there are not any old-fashioned Labour candidates around.
"People are talking about the same old things this election, but I have no idea who will win.
"I hope it is not the Tories, but people do vote for change sometimes because they are so bored with one lot and for no political reasoning they change their sides - that could happen this time.
You may also want to watch:
"Then we would have another bout of Thatcherism. It is fairly realistic this idea of a hung parliament and it is something I would like to see over the Tories.
"A hung parliament would not necessarily be a bad thing. I don't think much about the Lib Dems because I have not studied their policy so it would not be fair to judge them.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 4 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 7 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 8 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 9 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 10 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
"I just follow my instincts which came about after the war when Atlee presented this wonderful thing that it was all going to be great and we were going to have an equable society which has not really happened.