SPEAKER'S CORNER: Warren Mitchell
VETERAN Highgate actor Warren Mitchell is a self-confessed old-fashioned Labour supporter. He would rather a hung parliament at the next election rather than a Tory win, which he predicts would be another bout of Thatcherism. He said: I vote Labour even
VETERAN Highgate actor Warren Mitchell is a self-confessed old-fashioned Labour supporter. He would rather a hung parliament at the next election rather than a Tory win, which he predicts would be another bout of Thatcherism.
He said: "I vote Labour even though there are not any old-fashioned Labour candidates around.
"People are talking about the same old things this election, but I have no idea who will win.
"I hope it is not the Tories, but people do vote for change sometimes because they are so bored with one lot and for no political reasoning they change their sides - that could happen this time.
You may also want to watch:
"Then we would have another bout of Thatcherism. It is fairly realistic this idea of a hung parliament and it is something I would like to see over the Tories.
"A hung parliament would not necessarily be a bad thing. I don't think much about the Lib Dems because I have not studied their policy so it would not be fair to judge them.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 9 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 10 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
"I just follow my instincts which came about after the war when Atlee presented this wonderful thing that it was all going to be great and we were going to have an equable society which has not really happened.