SPEAKER'S CORNER: Sian Berry
SIAN Berry has been in the Green Party for eight years and has fought six different elections in Camden and Londonwide. She is currently organising online campaigns for the party across the country, but especially in Norwich and Brighton where the Greens
SIAN Berry has been in the Green Party for eight years and has fought six different elections in Camden and Londonwide. She is currently organising online campaigns for the party across the country, but especially in Norwich and Brighton where the Greens are hoping their first two MPs will be elected.
She said: "We have a large number of green councillors in these constituencies and we have topped all the parties in the last local and European elections so we have a really good chance of winning.
"The gap is narrowing for the whole country between the parties so who knows who will win. Quite a lot of Labour grassroots people are doing local constituency campaigns especially online and they are doing really well.
"The Tories have been the frontrunners up until now but now they are losing a bit of ground they are getting a bit frightened and are more on the back foot and more defensive.
You may also want to watch:
"I cannot see Labour winning but I can see a hung parliament or a very narrow Tory win. But it is politics and it could all change in the next few months.
"The whole expenses thing has meant a lot of people are now campaigning saying they are not like the others and not part of the political establishment. There are a lot of MPs standing down so there will be a lot of fresh new faces.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 7 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 8 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 9 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 10 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
"I am looking forward to change and a lot of new faces as well as movement towards some more sensible views in politics.
"There is scope that during this election campaigns like 10:10 [the plan to cut carbon emissions by 10 per cent in 2010] will help to set the agenda.
"A shake-up will be great and we are expecting the greens to do really well in Holborn and St Pancras where we had the fourth highest vote in the country.