Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe eligible for early release and could be home by Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Jailed West Hampstead mum Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe could be home by Christmas as she is eligible for early release, her husband has said.
Richard Ratcliffe told Good Morning Britain this morning that her lawyer had said he is “hopeful” she will be home for Christmas.
Mr Ratcliffe told Good Morning Britain: “Last night she met with her lawyer. He’s actually a lot more hopeful and that’s what he told her, because on the judiciary computer there’s a database that records the status of cases and it says she is eligible for release.
“That’s on the computer, that’s in the background - it’s not what we’ve been told but it’s a really good sign.
“As far as I understand it is on the computer but it’s not like he has been told formally.
You may also want to watch:
“What they have told her still is that they are just going to process the paperwork and that could be a while still.”
Hampstead and Kilburn Labour MP Tulip Siddiq, who has been involved in the campaign for her constituent’s release, said: “This news is a glimmer of light at the end of a dark tunnel for my constituents Richard, Nazanin and Gabriella.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 7 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 8 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
“It has given Nazanin a real boost of positive energy, and now we wait impatiently to see what happens next.
“Although we do not want to celebrate prematurely, it would be the perfect Christmas gift to see Nazanin released and back with her family where she belongs,” she added.
Story to be updated throughout the day