Nadine Dorries: Labour Party led by David Miliband would be “terrifying”
- Credit: Archant
Conservative backbencher Nadine Dorries has become the latest Tory MP to lend support to the party’s bid to win the Hampstead and Kilburn seat.
The MP came to West Hampstead to address a group of Conservatives in aid of Cllr Simon Marcus’s campaign to become the constituency MP.
The Mid Bedfordshire MP, who temporarily lost the Tory whip after appearing on reality TV show I’m a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!, was asked about the Labour Party leadership contest between the Miliband brothers, who hail from Primrose Hill.
She revealed that David Cameron “could not believe his luck” when younger brother Ed won, adding that the outcome was a “blessing” – and that a Labour Party led by David Miliband would have been a “terrifying” prospect for the Tories.
Ms Dorries also told the Ham&High that she would like to see the Conservatives collaborating with the UK Independence Party (Ukip).
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to see us cosying up to Ukip a bit more and working with them on joint tickets where we have candidates with similar views,” she added.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 6 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 9 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's