Nadine Dorries: Labour Party led by David Miliband would be “terrifying”
- Credit: Archant
Conservative backbencher Nadine Dorries has become the latest Tory MP to lend support to the party’s bid to win the Hampstead and Kilburn seat.
The MP came to West Hampstead to address a group of Conservatives in aid of Cllr Simon Marcus’s campaign to become the constituency MP.
The Mid Bedfordshire MP, who temporarily lost the Tory whip after appearing on reality TV show I’m a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!, was asked about the Labour Party leadership contest between the Miliband brothers, who hail from Primrose Hill.
She revealed that David Cameron “could not believe his luck” when younger brother Ed won, adding that the outcome was a “blessing” – and that a Labour Party led by David Miliband would have been a “terrifying” prospect for the Tories.
Ms Dorries also told the Ham&High that she would like to see the Conservatives collaborating with the UK Independence Party (Ukip).
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to see us cosying up to Ukip a bit more and working with them on joint tickets where we have candidates with similar views,” she added.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 6 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 7 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Arts centre? Rock'n'roll museum? What future for Hampstead Police Station?