Nadine Dorries: Labour Party led by David Miliband would be “terrifying”
- Credit: Archant
Conservative backbencher Nadine Dorries has become the latest Tory MP to lend support to the party’s bid to win the Hampstead and Kilburn seat.
The MP came to West Hampstead to address a group of Conservatives in aid of Cllr Simon Marcus’s campaign to become the constituency MP.
The Mid Bedfordshire MP, who temporarily lost the Tory whip after appearing on reality TV show I’m a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!, was asked about the Labour Party leadership contest between the Miliband brothers, who hail from Primrose Hill.
She revealed that David Cameron “could not believe his luck” when younger brother Ed won, adding that the outcome was a “blessing” – and that a Labour Party led by David Miliband would have been a “terrifying” prospect for the Tories.
Ms Dorries also told the Ham&High that she would like to see the Conservatives collaborating with the UK Independence Party (Ukip).
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to see us cosying up to Ukip a bit more and working with them on joint tickets where we have candidates with similar views,” she added.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 6 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 7 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 8 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change