MP to host St Pancras hustings for Labour leadership candidate Andy Burnham
- Credit: Archant
Holborn and St Pancras MP Sir Keir Starmer is hosting a meeting with Labour leadership contender Andy Burnham in St Pancras this evening.
Sir Keir is backing Mr Burnham’s leadership bid, and is staging the meeting with MP Lewisham East MP Heidi Alexander.
The event will allow Labour supporters to put their questions to Mr Burnham, who currently lags behind favourite Jeremy Corbyn in the leadership race.
The meeting will take place at the St Pancras Parish Church in Euston Road. Doors will open at 6.30pm for a 7pm start.
Sir Keir said he is supporting Mr Burnham because he believes he has the best chance of uniting the party and leading them to victory in the next general election.
You may also want to watch:
Sir Keir said: “Heidi and I have both worked closely with Andy and we know he has what it takes to lead our party. He is someone who is Labour through and through, who can unite us and who can win back the support that we’ve lost.
“Andy’s vision is one that our movement can believe in. His manifesto offers credible economic alternative based on a high-wage, high-skilled economy.”
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 8 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
- 10 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
Former Director of Public Prosecutions Sir Keir nominated Mr Burnham for leadership following Ed Miliband’s resignation in May.