Milibands “neck and neck” in Labour leadership contest
Labour leadership count underway
THE outcome of the hard fought Labour leadership contest will be announced tomorrow ahead of the party’s conference in Manchester.
The counting is already underway in the ballot and most observers believe it is too close to call between the Miliband brothers.
Primrose Hill resident and former foreign secretary David Miliband was the favourite throughout the race until a week ago when polls declared he had been overtaken by younger brother Ed, who lives in Dartmouth Park.
Sibling rivalry between the Miliband brothers has overshadowed the contest, although both have now said they will serve in each other’s shadow cabinet.
Ed Balls, Andy Burnham and Diane Abbott are thought to be battling it out for third place.
Party members, MPs, MEPs and members of trade unions and organisations affiliated with the party took part in the vote.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 3 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 4 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 5 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 6 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 7 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 8 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 9 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 10 Hornsey Exchange opening first step in bringing town hall 'back to life'