Elections 2022: Camden, Barnet, Haringey, Westminster and Islington live results
- Credit: Nathalie Raffray
Follow the latest live updates from the north London counts as the results come in.
In Haringey, Labour had a clear win with 50 seats to the Lib Dems' seven.
Labour won 45 of 48 seats to retain control of Islington, with the Green Party winning the remaining three.
Hackney's Labour mayor, Philip Glanville, won once again.
Camden has been held by Labour, which had big wins in Hampstead. Cllr Georgia Gould described it as an "overwhelming and sometimes surprising victory for Labour".
- The Tories have lost Westminster City Council, to Labour, for the first time in its history.
- Labour had a huge win in Barnet, taking control for the first time. Barry Rawlings, Barnet Labour leader, described it as "an historic victory".
- Polls opened on Thursday, May 5 at 7am and closed at 10pm.
- Counts in Barnet, Camden, Westminster and Brent are overnight on Thursday into Friday. They begin on Friday in Haringey and Islington, as well as in Hackney, where votes in the mayoral election will also be counted.
Candidates are standing in the following wards:
Belsize, Bloomsbury, Camden Square, Camden Town, Fortune Green, Frognal, Gospel Oak, Hampstead Town, Haverstock, Highgate, Holborn and Covent Garden, Kentish Town North, Kentish Town South, Kilburn, Kings Cross, Primrose Hill, Regents Park, South Hampstead, St Pancras, West Hampstead
Barnet Vale, Brunswick Park, Burnt Oak, Childs Hill, Colindale North, Colindale South, Cricklewood, East Barnet, East Finchley, Edgware, Edgwarebury, Finchley Church End, Friern Barnet, Garden Suburb, Golders Green, Hendon, High Barnet, Mill Hill, Totteridge Woodside, Underhill, West Finchley, West Hendon, Whetstone, Woodhouse
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 3 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 4 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 5 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 6 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 7 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 8 Grease: 'High energy fun but I'm not hopelessly devoted'
- 9 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 10 The Burnt City: stunning but elusive take on Trojan War
Alexandra Park, Bounds Green, Bruce Castle, Crouch End, Fortis Green, Harringay, Hermitage and Gardens, Highgate, Hornsey, Muswell Hill, Noel Park, Northumberland Park, Seven Sisters, South Tottenham, St Ann’s, Stroud Green, Tottenham Central, Tottenham Hale, West Green, White Hart Lane, Woodside
Abbey Road, Bayswater, Church Street, Harrow Road, Hyde Park, Knightsbridge and Belgravia, Lancaster Gate, Little Venice, Maida Vale, Marylebone, Pimlico North, Pimlico South, Queen's Park, Regent's Park, St James's, Vincent Square, West End, Westbourne