Swimmers forced to evacuate from Park Road Lido after chemical leak
- Credit: Archant
The company behind the Park Road lido has moved to reassure customers after swimmers were evacuated on Saturday because of a chemical leak.
Some 40 or 50 people were asked to urgently get out of the swimming pool in Crouch End when staff became aware of a leak.
They were then made to stand outside the lido, and weren’t able to get into access their lockers for hours.
The lido had re-opened in May after refurbishment in the winter.
A spokesman for Fusion said: “There was a small chemical leak in the pool plant, which was not connected to the main swimming pools.
You may also want to watch:
“As a precaution, the fire brigade were called and the centre remained closed in order for staff to carry out further checks. We can confirm that no one was hurt and there is no damage to the facility. The leisure centre is open and running as normal.”
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden