Swimmers forced to evacuate from Park Road Lido after chemical leak
- Credit: Archant
The company behind the Park Road lido has moved to reassure customers after swimmers were evacuated on Saturday because of a chemical leak.
Some 40 or 50 people were asked to urgently get out of the swimming pool in Crouch End when staff became aware of a leak.
They were then made to stand outside the lido, and weren’t able to get into access their lockers for hours.
The lido had re-opened in May after refurbishment in the winter.
A spokesman for Fusion said: “There was a small chemical leak in the pool plant, which was not connected to the main swimming pools.
“As a precaution, the fire brigade were called and the centre remained closed in order for staff to carry out further checks. We can confirm that no one was hurt and there is no damage to the facility. The leisure centre is open and running as normal.”
- 1 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 2 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 3 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 4 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 5 Tottenham boss Antonio Conte looking to revamp squad in transfer windows
- 6 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 7 Movement off the ball key to Arsenal's win against Newcastle
- 8 CCTV: Man makes ‘sexually explicit comments’ to teen on tube
- 9 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 10 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden