Swimmers forced to evacuate from Park Road Lido after chemical leak
- Credit: Archant
The company behind the Park Road lido has moved to reassure customers after swimmers were evacuated on Saturday because of a chemical leak.
Some 40 or 50 people were asked to urgently get out of the swimming pool in Crouch End when staff became aware of a leak.
They were then made to stand outside the lido, and weren’t able to get into access their lockers for hours.
The lido had re-opened in May after refurbishment in the winter.
A spokesman for Fusion said: “There was a small chemical leak in the pool plant, which was not connected to the main swimming pools.
You may also want to watch:
“As a precaution, the fire brigade were called and the centre remained closed in order for staff to carry out further checks. We can confirm that no one was hurt and there is no damage to the facility. The leisure centre is open and running as normal.”
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 4 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 Ken Clarke's Infected Blood Inquiry words were 'offensive' – campaigners
- 10 Letter on shopping for one!