Jeremy Corbyn-themed night will be held in Kentish Town
- Credit: PA
A Jeremy Corbyn-themed night will be held in Kentish Town tonight, with Brian Eno, Owen Jones, Michael Rosen and Mark Steel among those set to appear.
The night of music, poetry and speeches will be held at the Kentish Town Forum.
A statement on the venue’s website said: “Since Jeremy Corbyn put his name into the hat to become the next Labour Party leader he has visited dozens of towns and cities across the country attracting unprecedented numbers of people to turn out to political meetings.
“This has shaken up the political establishment and given hope to thousands and thousands of hitherto disaffected people.”
The full line-up for the night includes Pauline Black, Jeremy Hardy, Logic, Francesca Martinez, Sara Pascoe, Grace Petrie, Michael Rosen and Mark Steel.
You may also want to watch:
Guest speakers include Brian Eno and Owen Jones.
But there’s no guarantee the man of the moment, who was named Labour Party leader on Saturday, will be there.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
The venue said: “Due to the changing nature of Jeremy’s commitments the promoters of the event cannot guarantee Jeremy Corbyn’s attendance at the event.”