Jeremy Corbyn-themed night will be held in Kentish Town
- Credit: PA
A Jeremy Corbyn-themed night will be held in Kentish Town tonight, with Brian Eno, Owen Jones, Michael Rosen and Mark Steel among those set to appear.
The night of music, poetry and speeches will be held at the Kentish Town Forum.
A statement on the venue’s website said: “Since Jeremy Corbyn put his name into the hat to become the next Labour Party leader he has visited dozens of towns and cities across the country attracting unprecedented numbers of people to turn out to political meetings.
“This has shaken up the political establishment and given hope to thousands and thousands of hitherto disaffected people.”
The full line-up for the night includes Pauline Black, Jeremy Hardy, Logic, Francesca Martinez, Sara Pascoe, Grace Petrie, Michael Rosen and Mark Steel.
You may also want to watch:
Guest speakers include Brian Eno and Owen Jones.
But there’s no guarantee the man of the moment, who was named Labour Party leader on Saturday, will be there.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 4 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 8 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 9 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
The venue said: “Due to the changing nature of Jeremy’s commitments the promoters of the event cannot guarantee Jeremy Corbyn’s attendance at the event.”