Jenny Rowlands appointed new chief executive of Camden Council
- Credit: Archant
Camden Council has appointed a new chief executive, after a three month process.
Jenny Rowlands, who is Camden’s executive director for supporting communities, will take over from Mike Cooke in March. He announced he was standing down last October after seven years leading the borough, and 14 years in total at the council.
Ms Rowlands has been in her post since August 2016.
Interviews were at the end of last year, with several current executive directors thought to be vying for the post. Full council is expected to back the appointment at its meeting on January 21.
Camden leader Georgia Gould announced the decision in an email to councillors earlier today. In it she praised Ms Rowlands’ “extensive experience of leading and inspiring staff, of transforming services and involving communities in our work.”
You may also want to watch:
Martin Pratt will be recommended for appointment as deputy chief executive. He is currently executive director for supporting people.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 7 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 8 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 9 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 10 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike