IN DEPTH: Tamsin Omond - New candidate on the block
THE new mystery parliamentary candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn who got the rumour mill turning with her elusive posters, has been revealed as activist Tamsin Omond. Last week we reported how posters claiming to be from a new
THE new mystery parliamentary candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn who got the rumour mill turning with her elusive posters, has been revealed as activist Tamsin Omond.
Last week we reported how posters claiming to be from a new candidate and not "one of the usual suspects" had appeared across the village.
You may also want to watch:
Today in an exclusive interview with the Ham&High, the 25-year-old reveals herself and launches her campaign to change the face of local and national politics.
"I want to light a fire among every different group in this constituency and make them realise this is a place they have control of," she said.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group
- 9 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 10 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
The Kilburn resident will take on Glenda Jackson in the newly designated seat as well as the Tory party which is eying it as a key gain for their candidate and party favourite Chris Philp.
But Ms Omond has a history of success when the authorities are looking the other way.
She was one of five Plane Stupid protesters who snuck onto the roof of parliament to protest in 2008 and backed it up with a march on the Palace of Westminster later that year.
For her full tell-all interview and her plan for direct democracy to hold our MPs to account see this week's Ham&High.