Hornsey and Wood Green: Tories announce Hampshire councillor as candidate
- Credit: Archant
A banker and Hampshire councillor has been announced as the Conservative candidate for Hornsey and Wood Green.
Emma Lane, who represents Ringwood East and Sopley on New Forest District Council, will fight to replace Labour’s Catherine West as MP on June 8.
Mother-of-three Ms Lane has worked in finance for most of her career and currently works with small and medium businesses for the risk division at Lloyds.
In 2015, she stood in Swansea West and came second behind Labour’s Geraint Davies.
She goes up against the Lib Dems’ Dawn Barnes, Labour’s Catherine West and the Women’s Equality Party candidate Nimco Ali.
You may also want to watch:
In the 2015 general election, the Lib Dems came second with 18,359 votes while the Tories came third with 5,347.
- 1 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 2 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 5 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report