Hornsey and Wood Green: Tories announce Hampshire councillor as candidate
- Credit: Archant
A banker and Hampshire councillor has been announced as the Conservative candidate for Hornsey and Wood Green.
Emma Lane, who represents Ringwood East and Sopley on New Forest District Council, will fight to replace Labour’s Catherine West as MP on June 8.
Mother-of-three Ms Lane has worked in finance for most of her career and currently works with small and medium businesses for the risk division at Lloyds.
In 2015, she stood in Swansea West and came second behind Labour’s Geraint Davies.
She goes up against the Lib Dems’ Dawn Barnes, Labour’s Catherine West and the Women’s Equality Party candidate Nimco Ali.
You may also want to watch:
In the 2015 general election, the Lib Dems came second with 18,359 votes while the Tories came third with 5,347.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate