Hornsey and Wood Green MP celebrates appointment to Labour frontbench
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Hornsey and Wood Green’s Labour MP has spoken of her delight after being appointed to Jeremy Corbyn’s frontbench as a shadow foreign minister.
Catherine West said: “It’s a huge privilege and I’m really excited.”
She spoke of the many challenges ahead, including the Syrian refugee crisis and the rise of Isis.
The MP is determined to make a strong case for staying in Europe in the upcoming referendum.
Ms West, who was elected for the first time in May, was one of the MPs to nominate Jeremy Corbyn for the Labour leadership.
You may also want to watch:
She has known the head of the Labour party for years, having worked with him when she was head of Islington Council.
As one of his first acts after being appointed leader, Mr Corbyn joined Ms West on a solidarity march for refugees in central London last week.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 3 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 7 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour