Have your say on the future of Swain’s Lane in Highgate
Campaigners fighting to save a popular parade of Highgate shops from demolition, are keen to meet with neighbours and visitors to the area to find out their views on the proposals.
The group, called Save Swain’s Lane, will be discussing plans presented in July by the owner, the Earl of Listowel, to knock down the shopping parade and replace it with two blocks of flats and a supermarket, rumoured to be a Waitrose branch.
The campaigners want to find out what locals and visitors would most like to see on the site.
Anyone who would like to get involved and voice their opinion should visit the Save Swain’s Lane stall outside the parade of shops, in Swain’s Lane, on Saturday October 13 from 10.30am.
Alternatively visit the group’s Facebook page called Save Swains Lane and website SaveSwainsLane.com
You may also want to watch:
You can also email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the Twitter feed twitter.com/SaveSwainsLane, using the hashtag #saveswainslane
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 5 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 6 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'