Conservative leader Gio Spinella hits back over claims he doesn’t hold surgeries
- Credit: Harry Taylor
The leader of Camden Conservatives and councillor for Frognal and Fitzjohns has rubbished claims by Owen Jones that he doesn’t hold surgeries, and all Tory candidates in the ward are Brexit supporters.
Gio Spinella, who has represented the ward since 2014 said Mr Jones’ claims were “offensive.”
Cllr Spinella said: “I don’t know whether he was misinformed but we’ve held surgeries for the past eight years in the snow, rain and blistering sun.”
He said the councillors hold two surgeries a month, on Hampstead High Street and also in Hampstead Town Hall.
He also said he and fellow candidate Andrew Parkinson voted remain, and have spoken in favour of staying in the EU from the council chamber.
You may also want to watch:
The other Conservative candidate for Frognal and Fitzjohns is Henry Newman, who is the director of pro-Leave thinktank, Open Europe.
He said: “Attack me on my record, don’t do so on lies. It’s offensive they feel the need to lie to beat us.”
Mr Jones made his comments when he was canvassing in Camden on Saturday of May’s local elections.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 6 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 7 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 8 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'
- 9 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally
- 10 'You're welcome here': Best pals, 12, make care packages for Afghan refugees