Camden Tory landlord keeps roof over Labour colleague’s head
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Discovering that you are indebted to the opposition must be a politician’s worst nightmare.
But that was the reality facing Camden Labour councillor Abi Wood after her election in Haverstock ward last year.
Heathman was amused to discover this week that Cllr Wood rents a flat in Shoot-Up Hill, Kilburn, from Conservative finance spokesman Cllr Don Williams.
In fact, Cllr Williams has been his Labour colleague’s landlord for the last four years.
“It was something of a shock after two years to find out that she was a member of the Labour Party,” said Cllr Williams.
“She’s been an excellent tenant and I’ve had no problems with her. We don’t talk politics though as you can imagine.”
Cllr Wood was equally complimentary about her landlord.
- 2 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 3 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 4 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 5 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 6 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 7 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 8 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 9 Grease: 'High energy fun but I'm not hopelessly devoted'
- 10 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
“He’s fine,” she said. “I’m sure he enjoys all the Labour posters around the place.”
Heathman presumes Cllr Wood would not dream of missing a rent payment...or she could have her dirty linen aired in the Town Hall.