Camden Tory landlord keeps roof over Labour colleague’s head
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Discovering that you are indebted to the opposition must be a politician’s worst nightmare.
But that was the reality facing Camden Labour councillor Abi Wood after her election in Haverstock ward last year.
Heathman was amused to discover this week that Cllr Wood rents a flat in Shoot-Up Hill, Kilburn, from Conservative finance spokesman Cllr Don Williams.
In fact, Cllr Williams has been his Labour colleague’s landlord for the last four years.
“It was something of a shock after two years to find out that she was a member of the Labour Party,” said Cllr Williams.
You may also want to watch:
“She’s been an excellent tenant and I’ve had no problems with her. We don’t talk politics though as you can imagine.”
Cllr Wood was equally complimentary about her landlord.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
“He’s fine,” she said. “I’m sure he enjoys all the Labour posters around the place.”
Heathman presumes Cllr Wood would not dream of missing a rent payment...or she could have her dirty linen aired in the Town Hall.