Camden Tory landlord keeps roof over Labour colleague’s head
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Discovering that you are indebted to the opposition must be a politician’s worst nightmare.
But that was the reality facing Camden Labour councillor Abi Wood after her election in Haverstock ward last year.
Heathman was amused to discover this week that Cllr Wood rents a flat in Shoot-Up Hill, Kilburn, from Conservative finance spokesman Cllr Don Williams.
In fact, Cllr Williams has been his Labour colleague’s landlord for the last four years.
“It was something of a shock after two years to find out that she was a member of the Labour Party,” said Cllr Williams.
You may also want to watch:
“She’s been an excellent tenant and I’ve had no problems with her. We don’t talk politics though as you can imagine.”
Cllr Wood was equally complimentary about her landlord.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 3 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 6 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
“He’s fine,” she said. “I’m sure he enjoys all the Labour posters around the place.”
Heathman presumes Cllr Wood would not dream of missing a rent payment...or she could have her dirty linen aired in the Town Hall.