Camden Tory landlord keeps roof over Labour colleague’s head
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Discovering that you are indebted to the opposition must be a politician’s worst nightmare.
But that was the reality facing Camden Labour councillor Abi Wood after her election in Haverstock ward last year.
Heathman was amused to discover this week that Cllr Wood rents a flat in Shoot-Up Hill, Kilburn, from Conservative finance spokesman Cllr Don Williams.
In fact, Cllr Williams has been his Labour colleague’s landlord for the last four years.
“It was something of a shock after two years to find out that she was a member of the Labour Party,” said Cllr Williams.
You may also want to watch:
“She’s been an excellent tenant and I’ve had no problems with her. We don’t talk politics though as you can imagine.”
Cllr Wood was equally complimentary about her landlord.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 6 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 7 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
“He’s fine,” she said. “I’m sure he enjoys all the Labour posters around the place.”
Heathman presumes Cllr Wood would not dream of missing a rent payment...or she could have her dirty linen aired in the Town Hall.