Camden Council leader Georgia Gould elected chair of London Councils
- Credit: PA/Lauren Hurley
Camden Council’s leader Georgia Gould has been elected as the new chair of London Councils.
Cllr Gould replaces Southwark Council’s leader Peter John as chair of London Councils, which represents the 32 London boroughs and the City of London Corporation.
Camden Council’s leader tweeted on Friday: “Very proud to be elected as Peter’s successor as London Council’s Chair.
“Huge shoes to fill as Peter John has led us brilliantly through this difficult time.
“Looking forward to working with Sadiq Khan (the Mayor of London), Darren Rodwell (the new deputy chair of London Councils) and all of London’s amazing leaders to deliver for our great city.”
You may also want to watch:
Peter John congratulated Cllr Gould and said she and London Councils’ new deputy leader Darren Rodwell would “provide the leadership London’s boroughs need”.
The changes to London Councils’ top team will be confirmed at its leaders’ committee on October 13.
- 1 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 2 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 3 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 4 Covid-19: Area around Royal Free one of few in UK to avoid deaths
- 5 'Paul the Paper' shuts up shop in Crouch End for the final time
- 6 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 7 Free Nazanin: Pressure on government rises as end of sentence approaches
- 8 Highgate's Victorian 'pineapple' railings repaired and restored.
- 9 Saracens kick start Championship life with trip to Cornish Pirates
- 10 Woodland is being damage - time to show some respect