Camden Council leader Georgia Gould elected chair of London Councils
- Credit: PA/Lauren Hurley
Camden Council’s leader Georgia Gould has been elected as the new chair of London Councils.
Cllr Gould replaces Southwark Council’s leader Peter John as chair of London Councils, which represents the 32 London boroughs and the City of London Corporation.
Camden Council’s leader tweeted on Friday: “Very proud to be elected as Peter’s successor as London Council’s Chair.
“Huge shoes to fill as Peter John has led us brilliantly through this difficult time.
“Looking forward to working with Sadiq Khan (the Mayor of London), Darren Rodwell (the new deputy chair of London Councils) and all of London’s amazing leaders to deliver for our great city.”
You may also want to watch:
Peter John congratulated Cllr Gould and said she and London Councils’ new deputy leader Darren Rodwell would “provide the leadership London’s boroughs need”.
The changes to London Councils’ top team will be confirmed at its leaders’ committee on October 13.
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Highgate residents challenge plans for 'intrusive' 16-metre 5G mast
- 4 Camden Covid-19 vaccine bus comes to JW3
- 5 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 6 Nazanin's family 'still waiting' and expect Iran ordeal to pass 2,000 days
- 7 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 8 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 9 'Ejiofor leadership took significant steps to improve social care services'
- 10 Eleven things to do at the 2021 Highgate Festival