Camden Council leader Georgia Gould elected chair of London Councils
- Credit: PA/Lauren Hurley
Camden Council’s leader Georgia Gould has been elected as the new chair of London Councils.
Cllr Gould replaces Southwark Council’s leader Peter John as chair of London Councils, which represents the 32 London boroughs and the City of London Corporation.
Camden Council’s leader tweeted on Friday: “Very proud to be elected as Peter’s successor as London Council’s Chair.
“Huge shoes to fill as Peter John has led us brilliantly through this difficult time.
“Looking forward to working with Sadiq Khan (the Mayor of London), Darren Rodwell (the new deputy chair of London Councils) and all of London’s amazing leaders to deliver for our great city.”
You may also want to watch:
Peter John congratulated Cllr Gould and said she and London Councils’ new deputy leader Darren Rodwell would “provide the leadership London’s boroughs need”.
The changes to London Councils’ top team will be confirmed at its leaders’ committee on October 13.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 4 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 5 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 6 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 7 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 New sixth form site for Westminster school gets go-ahead
- 10 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins reader's favourite restaurant