BREAKING NEWS: Child’s Hill councillor made peer by Liberal Democrats
BARNET councillor and much-loved community activist Monroe Palmer has been made a Lord it was announced this morning.
News is just in that Cllr Palmer, who was first elected in 1986 and is Chairman of the Liberal Democrats Friends of Israel, was selected for the party’s list of new peers.
Cllr Palmer is well-known in his ward seat of Child’s Hill which he represents alongside his wife Cllr Susette Palmer.
He has three children, six grandchildren and has lived in the area for 48 years.
Former Liberal Democrat candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn, Ed Fordham, welcomed the announcement.
You may also want to watch:
“This is brilliant news for Barnet, Cricklewood and Child’s Hill as well as the Jewish community,” he said. “I am genuinely delighted for both Monroe and Susette.”
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 5 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'