BREAKING NEWS: Child’s Hill councillor made peer by Liberal Democrats
BARNET councillor and much-loved community activist Monroe Palmer has been made a Lord it was announced this morning.
News is just in that Cllr Palmer, who was first elected in 1986 and is Chairman of the Liberal Democrats Friends of Israel, was selected for the party’s list of new peers.
Cllr Palmer is well-known in his ward seat of Child’s Hill which he represents alongside his wife Cllr Susette Palmer.
He has three children, six grandchildren and has lived in the area for 48 years.
Former Liberal Democrat candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn, Ed Fordham, welcomed the announcement.
“This is brilliant news for Barnet, Cricklewood and Child’s Hill as well as the Jewish community,” he said. “I am genuinely delighted for both Monroe and Susette.”
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 5 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 6 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 7 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 8 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club