BREAKING NEWS: Child’s Hill councillor made peer by Liberal Democrats
BARNET councillor and much-loved community activist Monroe Palmer has been made a Lord it was announced this morning.
News is just in that Cllr Palmer, who was first elected in 1986 and is Chairman of the Liberal Democrats Friends of Israel, was selected for the party’s list of new peers.
Cllr Palmer is well-known in his ward seat of Child’s Hill which he represents alongside his wife Cllr Susette Palmer.
He has three children, six grandchildren and has lived in the area for 48 years.
Former Liberal Democrat candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn, Ed Fordham, welcomed the announcement.
You may also want to watch:
“This is brilliant news for Barnet, Cricklewood and Child’s Hill as well as the Jewish community,” he said. “I am genuinely delighted for both Monroe and Susette.”
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 8 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 9 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'