BREAKING NEWS: Child’s Hill councillor made peer by Liberal Democrats
BARNET councillor and much-loved community activist Monroe Palmer has been made a Lord it was announced this morning.
News is just in that Cllr Palmer, who was first elected in 1986 and is Chairman of the Liberal Democrats Friends of Israel, was selected for the party’s list of new peers.
Cllr Palmer is well-known in his ward seat of Child’s Hill which he represents alongside his wife Cllr Susette Palmer.
He has three children, six grandchildren and has lived in the area for 48 years.
Former Liberal Democrat candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn, Ed Fordham, welcomed the announcement.
You may also want to watch:
“This is brilliant news for Barnet, Cricklewood and Child’s Hill as well as the Jewish community,” he said. “I am genuinely delighted for both Monroe and Susette.”
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate