BREAKING NEWS: Child’s Hill councillor made peer by Liberal Democrats
BARNET councillor and much-loved community activist Monroe Palmer has been made a Lord it was announced this morning.
News is just in that Cllr Palmer, who was first elected in 1986 and is Chairman of the Liberal Democrats Friends of Israel, was selected for the party’s list of new peers.
Cllr Palmer is well-known in his ward seat of Child’s Hill which he represents alongside his wife Cllr Susette Palmer.
He has three children, six grandchildren and has lived in the area for 48 years.
Former Liberal Democrat candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn, Ed Fordham, welcomed the announcement.
You may also want to watch:
“This is brilliant news for Barnet, Cricklewood and Child’s Hill as well as the Jewish community,” he said. “I am genuinely delighted for both Monroe and Susette.”
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 4 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 5 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 8 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Hampstead's Karma Bread thanks Royal Free staff with baked goods