Hampstead’s historic Lloyds Bank branch in Rosslyn Hill to close in August
- Credit: Archant
Lloyds Bank has announced its Rosslyn Hill branch in Hampstead will shut for good in August.
From August 21, customers will have to travel to either Kentish Town or Kilburn if they want to visit a branch of the bank in person rather than using online or telephone banking.
On its website, the bank said: "Our customers' needs are changing. Over 14million people now bank with us through internet banking and almost 10m use mobile banking.
"Branches will remain vital in meeting customers' needs but we must continually review our network to make sure we have branches in locations where customers need and use them the most."
The historic Grade II-listed building's future is now uncertain.
You may also want to watch:
Built in 1896 by Horace Field, to this day it retains the features of the original banking hall inside.
Worried about losing your local bank? Contact Sam on the newsdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us: email@example.com
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 6 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 8 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers