Hampstead’s historic Lloyds Bank branch in Rosslyn Hill to close in August
- Credit: Archant
Lloyds Bank has announced its Rosslyn Hill branch in Hampstead will shut for good in August.
From August 21, customers will have to travel to either Kentish Town or Kilburn if they want to visit a branch of the bank in person rather than using online or telephone banking.
On its website, the bank said: "Our customers' needs are changing. Over 14million people now bank with us through internet banking and almost 10m use mobile banking.
"Branches will remain vital in meeting customers' needs but we must continually review our network to make sure we have branches in locations where customers need and use them the most."
The historic Grade II-listed building's future is now uncertain.
You may also want to watch:
Built in 1896 by Horace Field, to this day it retains the features of the original banking hall inside.
Worried about losing your local bank? Contact Sam on the newsdesk on email@example.com or write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'