Hampstead’s historic Lloyds Bank branch in Rosslyn Hill to close in August
- Credit: Archant
Lloyds Bank has announced its Rosslyn Hill branch in Hampstead will shut for good in August.
From August 21, customers will have to travel to either Kentish Town or Kilburn if they want to visit a branch of the bank in person rather than using online or telephone banking.
On its website, the bank said: "Our customers' needs are changing. Over 14million people now bank with us through internet banking and almost 10m use mobile banking.
"Branches will remain vital in meeting customers' needs but we must continually review our network to make sure we have branches in locations where customers need and use them the most."
The historic Grade II-listed building's future is now uncertain.
You may also want to watch:
Built in 1896 by Horace Field, to this day it retains the features of the original banking hall inside.
Worried about losing your local bank? Contact Sam on the newsdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us: email@example.com
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 6 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Ozil travels to Turkey as Arsenal exit looms