Liz Taylor's heavenly childhood home is up for sale
ELIZABETH Taylor s childhood home in Hampstead Garden Suburb is being sold for millions of pounds. Brochures have been sent out promoting the five-bedroom Wildwood Road home the world famous actress described as heaven in the Ham&High last year. Insider
ELIZABETH Taylor's childhood home in Hampstead Garden Suburb is being sold for millions of pounds.
Brochures have been sent out promoting the five-bedroom Wildwood Road home the world famous actress described as "heaven" in the Ham&High last year.
Insiders say the mansion on the exclusive road will go for around £7million.
Dame Elizabeth wrote about the house in a letter for the area's centenary year. She said: "The happiest days of my youth were when my brother and I would run through the woods and feel quite safe. I wonder whether the Suburb is still like that now. I do hope so. It was heaven for this child and her brother."
You may also want to watch:
Now the home is up for sale and hoping to welcome in a new family - possibly giving rise to another movie icon.
Estate agents Glentree International have been tasked with the mansion's sale. Their brochure describes it as "excellent family living accommodation" located in a "rural and tranquil setting.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 4 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 5 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 6 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 7 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 8 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 9 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds