Live By The Lake line-up: Michael Ball headlines final Kenwood concert weekend
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
West End star Michael Ball is set to perform at Kenwood House on Sunday - bringing to a close this year’s season of live music at the famous English Heritage site.
The two-time Olivier Award winner will perform at Summertime - An Evening of Gershwin on the final night of this year’s Live by The Lake concert season at Kenwood House on Hampstead Heath.
He will be supported by West End and Broadway stars Kerry Ellis, Gina Beck and David Shannon, who between them have performed leading roles in Wicked, We Will Rock You, Phantom Of The Opera, Sweeney Todd, Les Miserables, Jesus Christ Superstar and Miss Saigon.
The night wraps up the second and final weekend of this year’s concert season.
This year’s programme has won praise for returning to the concert’s classical roots while maintaining a balance of mainstream acts.
You may also want to watch:
Tonight, there will be an outdoor live screening of Hollywood classic Singin’ In The Rain featuring the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra.
This will be followed by Opera Alfresco performed by the English National Opera Orchestra tomorrow night.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 5 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 6 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 7 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
Concert organisers have confirmed that visitors to this weekend’s classical picnic concerts are welcome to bring their own food and drinks and “a reasonable amount of alcohol”.
Glass bottles and wine bottles are permitted but other glassware, such as wine glasses, will not be allowed into the concert enclosure.
Visitors are also able to bring folding chairs and picnic blankets, but no tables or golf umbrellas are allowed.
A selection of hot and cold food is on sale onsite as well as a fully licensed bar.
* Visit to www.livebythelake.co.uk to find out more.