Live By The Lake line-up: Michael Ball headlines final Kenwood concert weekend
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
West End star Michael Ball is set to perform at Kenwood House on Sunday - bringing to a close this year’s season of live music at the famous English Heritage site.
The two-time Olivier Award winner will perform at Summertime - An Evening of Gershwin on the final night of this year’s Live by The Lake concert season at Kenwood House on Hampstead Heath.
He will be supported by West End and Broadway stars Kerry Ellis, Gina Beck and David Shannon, who between them have performed leading roles in Wicked, We Will Rock You, Phantom Of The Opera, Sweeney Todd, Les Miserables, Jesus Christ Superstar and Miss Saigon.
The night wraps up the second and final weekend of this year’s concert season.
This year’s programme has won praise for returning to the concert’s classical roots while maintaining a balance of mainstream acts.
You may also want to watch:
Tonight, there will be an outdoor live screening of Hollywood classic Singin’ In The Rain featuring the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra.
This will be followed by Opera Alfresco performed by the English National Opera Orchestra tomorrow night.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 7 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 8 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 9 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
Concert organisers have confirmed that visitors to this weekend’s classical picnic concerts are welcome to bring their own food and drinks and “a reasonable amount of alcohol”.
Glass bottles and wine bottles are permitted but other glassware, such as wine glasses, will not be allowed into the concert enclosure.
Visitors are also able to bring folding chairs and picnic blankets, but no tables or golf umbrellas are allowed.
A selection of hot and cold food is on sale onsite as well as a fully licensed bar.
* Visit to www.livebythelake.co.uk to find out more.