Live By The Lake line-up: Michael Ball headlines final Kenwood concert weekend
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
West End star Michael Ball is set to perform at Kenwood House on Sunday - bringing to a close this year’s season of live music at the famous English Heritage site.
The two-time Olivier Award winner will perform at Summertime - An Evening of Gershwin on the final night of this year’s Live by The Lake concert season at Kenwood House on Hampstead Heath.
He will be supported by West End and Broadway stars Kerry Ellis, Gina Beck and David Shannon, who between them have performed leading roles in Wicked, We Will Rock You, Phantom Of The Opera, Sweeney Todd, Les Miserables, Jesus Christ Superstar and Miss Saigon.
The night wraps up the second and final weekend of this year’s concert season.
This year’s programme has won praise for returning to the concert’s classical roots while maintaining a balance of mainstream acts.
Tonight, there will be an outdoor live screening of Hollywood classic Singin’ In The Rain featuring the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra.
This will be followed by Opera Alfresco performed by the English National Opera Orchestra tomorrow night.
- 1 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 2 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 3 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 7 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 8 Hornsey Exchange opening first step in bringing town hall 'back to life'
- 9 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 10 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
Concert organisers have confirmed that visitors to this weekend’s classical picnic concerts are welcome to bring their own food and drinks and “a reasonable amount of alcohol”.
Glass bottles and wine bottles are permitted but other glassware, such as wine glasses, will not be allowed into the concert enclosure.
Visitors are also able to bring folding chairs and picnic blankets, but no tables or golf umbrellas are allowed.
A selection of hot and cold food is on sale onsite as well as a fully licensed bar.
* Visit to www.livebythelake.co.uk to find out more.