Little Britain star's stalker sectioned
THE STALKER who sent sexually explicit letters to Belsize Park comedian David Walliams has been sectioned under the Mental Health Act. Sarah Bartholomew, 29, from Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, harassed the Little Britain star during a four-year period, posting h
THE STALKER who sent sexually explicit letters to Belsize Park comedian David Walliams has been sectioned under the Mental Health Act.
Sarah Bartholomew, 29, from Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, harassed the Little Britain star during a four-year period, posting him her underwear along with cuddly toys, chocolates and letters of sexually explicit rhyming verse. She once had to be removed from BBC offices by security staff.
In one of the poems, she said: "I'd rip off your pants in a sexual frenzy / You can have me how you want - I'm ever so bendy."
When the communication became more aggressive, Bartholomew was then arrested and pleaded guilty to harassment on April 29.
At Highbury Corner Magistrates Court yesterday, Deputy District Judge Adrian Turner said he was not convinced she posed a genuine threat and that the case was sad rather than bad.
Bartholomew was also issued with a restraining order banning her from making contact with the actor, his agent or his solicitor.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 3 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 4 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 5 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 6 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 7 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 8 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 9 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 10 Grease: 'High energy fun but I'm not hopelessly devoted'
*For the full story read this week's Ham&High