Linekers set to light up St John’s Wood
Gary and Danielle Lineker will be the star guests at the St John’s Wood Christmas lights switch on
GARY Lineker will attend the switching on of the Christmas lights for a special St John’s Hospice fundraiser on Sunday.
The former Spurs football hero will be at the side of his wife Danielle Lineker when she flips the switch in St John’s Wood High Street at 3.30pm.
Hospice fundraiser Emma Carlisle said: “We are delighted that Gary and Danielle Lineker have decided to support the hospice in this way. The money raised at the Christmas fair will go towards the day to day running of the hospice which cares for 600 patients a year.”
Following the success of last year’s event, the Christmas street party will take place between noon and 5pm and will feature a host of special guests besides the Linekers including Santa and his elves, Victorian carol singers and ‘Mr Yule the stilt walker’.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be juggling court jesters and face painters on hand to entertain children and there will also be a carousel, tea cups, a mini car-ride and a ferris wheel as well as Hoopla and a rifle range.
- 1 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 6 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 7 Anorexia was nurtured and nourished by lockdown – and the media
- 8 Jack Ampadu killing: Defendant denies murder charge
- 9 In numbers: the Covid-19 vaccine roll-out in north London
- 10 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme