Linekers set to light up St John’s Wood
Gary and Danielle Lineker will be the star guests at the St John’s Wood Christmas lights switch on
GARY Lineker will attend the switching on of the Christmas lights for a special St John’s Hospice fundraiser on Sunday.
The former Spurs football hero will be at the side of his wife Danielle Lineker when she flips the switch in St John’s Wood High Street at 3.30pm.
Hospice fundraiser Emma Carlisle said: “We are delighted that Gary and Danielle Lineker have decided to support the hospice in this way. The money raised at the Christmas fair will go towards the day to day running of the hospice which cares for 600 patients a year.”
Following the success of last year’s event, the Christmas street party will take place between noon and 5pm and will feature a host of special guests besides the Linekers including Santa and his elves, Victorian carol singers and ‘Mr Yule the stilt walker’.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be juggling court jesters and face painters on hand to entertain children and there will also be a carousel, tea cups, a mini car-ride and a ferris wheel as well as Hoopla and a rifle range.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 7 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 8 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead