Linekers set to light up St John’s Wood
Gary and Danielle Lineker will be the star guests at the St John’s Wood Christmas lights switch on
GARY Lineker will attend the switching on of the Christmas lights for a special St John’s Hospice fundraiser on Sunday.
The former Spurs football hero will be at the side of his wife Danielle Lineker when she flips the switch in St John’s Wood High Street at 3.30pm.
Hospice fundraiser Emma Carlisle said: “We are delighted that Gary and Danielle Lineker have decided to support the hospice in this way. The money raised at the Christmas fair will go towards the day to day running of the hospice which cares for 600 patients a year.”
Following the success of last year’s event, the Christmas street party will take place between noon and 5pm and will feature a host of special guests besides the Linekers including Santa and his elves, Victorian carol singers and ‘Mr Yule the stilt walker’.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be juggling court jesters and face painters on hand to entertain children and there will also be a carousel, tea cups, a mini car-ride and a ferris wheel as well as Hoopla and a rifle range.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 4 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 5 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 6 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 7 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 New sixth form site for Westminster school gets go-ahead
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road