Ligament injury sidelines Bent for two weeks
SPURS today confirmed striker Darren Bent will be out for at least two weeks with a medial ligament injury, writes PATRICK MOONEY. Bent, 25, suffered the problem with his left knee in Saturday s Premier League defeat at Manchester United and was sent for
SPURS today confirmed striker Darren Bent will be out for at least two weeks with a medial ligament injury, writes PATRICK MOONEY.
Bent, 25, suffered the problem with his left knee in Saturday's Premier League defeat at Manchester United and was sent for scans this week.
And those tests revealed the extent of the damage, with Bent - scorer of the opener in last week's 5-2 defeat at Old Trafford - set to have his knee in a brace for a fortnight before specialists make a further assessment.
"Darren has had a knee problem that will keep him out for several weeks," said Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp. "He will not be around for a while.
You may also want to watch:
"It is a blow for him because he has done well and scored goals. We need him and he needs to play. He has been in good form but what can you do?
"There's a little group of us pushing for seventh. I'd like to do it. If we could do it I think it would be a good achievement to come from the bottom of the league to qualifying for Europe.
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 3 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 4 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 5 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 6 New Indian restaurant Ritu to replace Yasmeen Kitchen in St John's Wood
- 7 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Camden shouldn't ignore residents, but we need low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
"I think it's something we'd all be pleased to do. We'll give it our best shot in the last few games and see what we can do."