Ligament injury sidelines Bent for two weeks
SPURS today confirmed striker Darren Bent will be out for at least two weeks with a medial ligament injury, writes PATRICK MOONEY. Bent, 25, suffered the problem with his left knee in Saturday s Premier League defeat at Manchester United and was sent for
SPURS today confirmed striker Darren Bent will be out for at least two weeks with a medial ligament injury, writes PATRICK MOONEY.
Bent, 25, suffered the problem with his left knee in Saturday's Premier League defeat at Manchester United and was sent for scans this week.
And those tests revealed the extent of the damage, with Bent - scorer of the opener in last week's 5-2 defeat at Old Trafford - set to have his knee in a brace for a fortnight before specialists make a further assessment.
"Darren has had a knee problem that will keep him out for several weeks," said Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp. "He will not be around for a while.
You may also want to watch:
"It is a blow for him because he has done well and scored goals. We need him and he needs to play. He has been in good form but what can you do?
"There's a little group of us pushing for seventh. I'd like to do it. If we could do it I think it would be a good achievement to come from the bottom of the league to qualifying for Europe.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 8 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 9 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 10 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
"I think it's something we'd all be pleased to do. We'll give it our best shot in the last few games and see what we can do."