Ligament injury sidelines Bent for two weeks
SPURS today confirmed striker Darren Bent will be out for at least two weeks with a medial ligament injury, writes PATRICK MOONEY. Bent, 25, suffered the problem with his left knee in Saturday s Premier League defeat at Manchester United and was sent for
SPURS today confirmed striker Darren Bent will be out for at least two weeks with a medial ligament injury, writes PATRICK MOONEY.
Bent, 25, suffered the problem with his left knee in Saturday's Premier League defeat at Manchester United and was sent for scans this week.
And those tests revealed the extent of the damage, with Bent - scorer of the opener in last week's 5-2 defeat at Old Trafford - set to have his knee in a brace for a fortnight before specialists make a further assessment.
"Darren has had a knee problem that will keep him out for several weeks," said Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp. "He will not be around for a while.
"It is a blow for him because he has done well and scored goals. We need him and he needs to play. He has been in good form but what can you do?
"There's a little group of us pushing for seventh. I'd like to do it. If we could do it I think it would be a good achievement to come from the bottom of the league to qualifying for Europe.
- 1 Police called to 'youth with knife trying to climb school gates'
- 2 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 3 Night-time fishing suspended at Vale of Health following 'antisocial behaviour'
- 4 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 5 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 6 Elvis Presley songwriter and former Ham&High columnist dies aged 82
- 7 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 8 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 9 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 10 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
"I think it's something we'd all be pleased to do. We'll give it our best shot in the last few games and see what we can do."