Libertines announce ‘take over Camden’ week of events
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The Libertines are set to “take over Camden” at the end of the month by putting on a week of events at a pub in Camden Town.
Today, the band announced it would be hosting five days of “shenanigans” at the Dublin Castle in Parkway to promote the group’s latest album “Anthems For Doomed Youth”.
Curated by the band, the week will feature a new photo exhibition, a Libertines pub quiz (hosted by Libertines expert Anthony Thornton), the screening of a new documentary on the new album filmed in Thailand, playbacks of the new album prior to release, and “exclusive prizes and plenty of surprises”.
But it looks like only a lucky few will be able to enjoy the week’s events as tickets sold out within two minutes.
A post on the Dublin Castle’s Facebook page said: “Please don’t be offended but, ‘THERE IS NO GUEST LIST’ for this event.
“This is strictly a ticket only event. They all sold out in 2 minutes. Please let’s avoid the awkward moments when I sadly have to explain that this is a series of exclusive events. Refusal often offends, I hope you will understand. Sorry folks.”
You may also want to watch:
Money raised will go to Rock ‘N’ Roll Rescue, a charity shop selling music memorabilia next to the Dublin Castle.
The events will run from August 31 to the album’s release date, September 4.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
The news comes after the band gave an impromptu gig at the pub a fortnight ago (see video).