Liberal Democrat vote has slumped across Haringey
New figures reveal that the Lib Dem vote across Haringey slumped in all three London elections on May 1 while the Conservatives made good progress and Labour s vote was firm. In Hornsey and Wood Green, the Lib Dems only won one of the three contests. For
New figures reveal that the Lib Dem vote across Haringey slumped in all three London elections on May 1 while the Conservatives made good progress and Labour's vote was firm.
In Hornsey and Wood Green, the Lib Dems only won one of the three contests. For the Mayoralty, Labour was first (49.4 per cent), Conservatives second (26.9) and the Lib Dems a distant third (14.2).
For the London List - where voters were asked to vote for a party instead of an individual - Labour out-polled the Lib Dems. And for the Greater London Assembly seat of Enfield and Haringey, the Lib Dems only topped the poll by a handful of votes.
Even taking the Lib Dems only win (32.6 per cent on the GLA constituency vote), their vote was down by 10.8 per cent compared to the last General Election. The Conservative vote was, on average, 21 per cent - up 9 per cent from 2006.
You may also want to watch:
If these results were repeated for the Westminster seat, Labour would re-gain Hornsey and Wood Green. The Lib Dems also would have lost scores of councillors to Labour, and the Conservatives would have won Highgate ward.
In Tottenham, the Lib Dems were third in two contests and fourth (behind the Greens) in another.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub