Liberal Democrat vote has slumped across Haringey
New figures reveal that the Lib Dem vote across Haringey slumped in all three London elections on May 1 while the Conservatives made good progress and Labour s vote was firm. In Hornsey and Wood Green, the Lib Dems only won one of the three contests. For
New figures reveal that the Lib Dem vote across Haringey slumped in all three London elections on May 1 while the Conservatives made good progress and Labour's vote was firm.
In Hornsey and Wood Green, the Lib Dems only won one of the three contests. For the Mayoralty, Labour was first (49.4 per cent), Conservatives second (26.9) and the Lib Dems a distant third (14.2).
For the London List - where voters were asked to vote for a party instead of an individual - Labour out-polled the Lib Dems. And for the Greater London Assembly seat of Enfield and Haringey, the Lib Dems only topped the poll by a handful of votes.
Even taking the Lib Dems only win (32.6 per cent on the GLA constituency vote), their vote was down by 10.8 per cent compared to the last General Election. The Conservative vote was, on average, 21 per cent - up 9 per cent from 2006.
If these results were repeated for the Westminster seat, Labour would re-gain Hornsey and Wood Green. The Lib Dems also would have lost scores of councillors to Labour, and the Conservatives would have won Highgate ward.
In Tottenham, the Lib Dems were third in two contests and fourth (behind the Greens) in another.
- 1 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
- 2 Police probe reports of shooting at scene of crash in West Hampstead
- 3 St John's Wood prep school downgraded to 'requires improvement'
- 4 Three north London men charged after boxer Amir Khan ‘robbed at gunpoint’
- 5 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 6 Elton John rockets through career-spanning show at BST Hyde Park
- 7 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 8 Herbie Hancock: Still going strong at 82
- 9 Primrose Hill gates could close again due to antisocial behaviour
- 10 Jailed: 10 north London offenders put behind bars in May