Lib Dems should come clean on environmental policies
The Libs Dems should come clean on what they stand for when it comes to the environment. In a bid to get votes in more Tory areas of London, they have developed a raft of policies which fail the green test or focus on the wrong priorities. Instead of
The Libs Dems should come clean on what they stand for when it comes to the environment. In a bid to get votes in more Tory areas of London, they have developed a raft of policies which fail the 'green' test or focus on the wrong priorities.
Instead of choosing to work with the Mayor rather than the Conservatives, to ensure London's budget is greener every year, the Lib Dems have opposed every one of Ken's budgets for London.
Brian Paddick is opposing Ken's flagship manifesto pledge of a higher congestion charge for the most polluting cars - a policy constructively welcomed by the green movement.
The Lib Dems and Brian Paddick oppose London's new status as a Low Emission Zone.
You may also want to watch:
Here in Camden they have focused on barmy policies like banning meat from staff canteens and milk for school children. These are policies which alienate people rather than bringing them together.
Plans to introduce metering for heating on council estates at a time when heating bills are rising faster and faster are unrealistic and penalise poorer pensioners facing fuel poverty.
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 4 Highgate's Well Pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster vaccines with flu jabs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 8 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 9 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 10 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
Like their infamous support for the Tory plan to cut of door-to-door recycling on council estates across Camden, they seem to see green issues as important for just for some - but not for all.
Most people would see that as the wrong set of priorities.
Finchley Road NW3